"Village by the Sea" Top 5 Page for this destination Carlsbad by matcrazy1

Carlsbad Travel Guide: 183 reviews and 330 photos

On the way to my first large VT meeting :-)

I was driving through Carlbad on the way from San Diego to my first large VT meeting in Oceanside on 12 April 2003, just two days after coming to the USA for the first time. More, I... almost stayed there for a little because my very hospitable VT friend William (Richmond), maybe next time, William :-).

Carlsbad in an interesting place to stay and enjoy the beach, food and a lot of interesting destinations around, I think.

Unique coastal community

The City of Carlsbad is a unique coastal community located 35 miles north of the City of San Diego surrounded by mountains, lagoons and the Pacific Ocean.

Like a kid in a candy store :-)

I was in Carlsbad in my second day in the USA. First of all as a first time visitor to the USA I was looking around and just observed things! That's why this page is more about what I observed and thought than what I visited there.

And once more I am like a kid in a candy store when I visit a country for the first time :-)).

• Pros:A lot of tourist attractions, beaches, food, shopping
  • Cons:Maybe traffic in some weekends, holidays and special events
  • In a nutshell:Escape to large and small costal community!
  • Last visit to Carlsbad: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 5, 2003

• Feb 10, 2010 at 1:47 AM

Check out the sculpture school at the Shoppes at Village Faire. You can drop in and learn to create figurative sculpture from ceramic clay using life models!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2007 at 5:17 AM

I am another one that had never heard of Carsbad, California. You had a lot of questions when first arriving in the US.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2006 at 10:53 AM

Haha, I am the second one who immediately thought Carlsbad Caverns => Matt you and Urzula need to go there and satisfy Jean-Louis and me :-) But this is also an interesting town here :-)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2006 at 8:33 PM

I thought this page was about the famous Carlsbad with the biggest caves in the world but I have checked it is in Texas (of course!). I did not remember there was a Carlsbad in California! I noticed too that in California, 55 mph meant 65!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2005 at 12:54 PM

Big Cars Big Dogs Big Houses Big Bucks The petrol is probably very cheap hence the trucks. Good page enjoyable read.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2005 at 7:29 PM

I smiled so much as I read this. It certainly reveals a "you" from way back with such good questions that we "natives" never think about. Excellent for people coming to USA for 1st time.

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2005 at 7:45 PM

Another great page. We were in Carlsbad last month, but we were there too early for the Flower Fields. Too bad. Marcia

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2005 at 1:26 AM

loved your page. we have been to Karlovy Vary perhaps we have to visit Karlsbad as well

• unfortunate_dreams's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2004 at 7:54 PM

I think the funniest thing is that for the mixed architecture of houses the "house" you show in the picture is nothing more than a werehouse. It's like corragated sheet metal although in the photo it looks like wood

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2004 at 1:14 PM

great page Matt, I really enjoyed it

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Carlsbad

Have you been to Carlsbad?

Latest Activity in Carlsbad