"Indians, gambling and landscapes :-)" Campo by matcrazy1

Campo Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 49 photos

From San Diego to Yuma, Arizona

Why we stopped just in Campo? Hmm... I was looking for: CLICK HERE!
Hmm... I would skip a lot of interesting places while driving unless this thing. Am I wrong? What about you?

So, we stopped in Campo or more exactly in Golden Acorn Casino driving I-8 from San Diego towards our next destination: Yuma, Arizona just after visiting Tijuana, Mexico.

To gamble or not to gamble?

It was the first of quite many casinos we visited during our USA trip. Interesting first meeting with gambling. Hmmm... we didn't gamble there :-).

Historic US Highway 80

Californian part of the US Highway 80 existed until 1974 when the final section of I-8 (Interstate Freeway 8) was completed. Almost all of it is still intact today, looking the same as it did when it still was the only highway heading east from San Diego.

Driving I-8 we were lucky to admire very nice landscapes in surpisingly good visibility, beautiful colours of mountains and rocks just before sunset. Never to forget.

• Pros:Golden Acorn Casino - gambling, coffee; landscapes along Freeway I-8
  • Cons:Gambling, Mexican(?) food
  • In a nutshell:To gamble or not to gamble? That is the question! :-)))
  • Last visit to Campo: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 10, 2006

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2007 at 4:13 PM

A nice page describing the difference between US and Europe Casinos. 4 US dollors,WoW

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2006 at 9:54 PM

Interesting tips on the comparaison between European and US casino. As I have visited none of them, I learned a lot. If I had got an urgent need, I suppose I would have visited one too... Not to gamble but where you are sure to win!

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2005 at 1:45 AM

An interesting descriptions of casinos. My experiences so far: win, lose and finish with gambling. Greets.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2005 at 10:40 AM

I enjoyed reading of your first reactions to casinos in USA. I was surprised in Spain at the difference, too. I like to dress up as in Spain. This was a fun page, but it also gave plenty of helpful tips.

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2005 at 1:33 AM

enjoyed your page ..... we once went to "visit " a special toilet in NZ - designed by Hundertwasser.We all have reasons for travelling ! lol

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2005 at 6:32 AM

I never got to visit an Indian reservation unfortunately. I think I would rather VT addiction than gambling addiction:-) Good tips for the casinos.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2003 at 12:13 PM

Interesting comments Matt! I love to gamble, but only when I win--am I addicted? lol

• nicoleken's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2003 at 2:41 AM

me also I like traveling and not gambling ! Very good page again Matt ! Beautiful photos with a lot of useful information.

• lorgnierl's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2003 at 6:55 PM

casino, money , travel, .... what is the best?

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2003 at 3:09 PM

a new vice for you Matt??

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Campo