Yuma Warnings Or Dangers Tips by matcrazy1 Top 5 Page for this destination
Yuma Warnings and Dangers: 9 reviews and 9 photos
YUMA VISITOR CENTER
The life in the south starts later, am I wrong?
Yuma Visitor Center was opened from 9am to 5pm Mon-Sat, closed on Sunday - summer hours, hmm... is April a summer month in Yuma? I was just after 8am there so I could see only big CLOSED on the door hehe.
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +1 (800) 293-0071
AT YUMA INN MOTEL
It's a hot area so watch what you eat. I had an ice chest (a cooler) with ice cubes and some food in my car. Be sure your food is fresh and well stored before you taste it.
If not... look at my picture - you are welcome :-))).
ADMISSION FEES TO HISTORIC PRISON (IN APRIL)
Looking for info on Yuma in internet I found uaually different prices (on accommodations, entrance fees etc.) than later in Yuma.
It seems that prices are fixed but often changing there. Hmm... if you are on a low budget better to remember it.
Usually prices for tourist attractions, accommodations are lower in summer (May - October).
LIGHT AND SHADOWS
It is not so easy to take a good picture in sunny day (are they others?) in Yuma.
First of all there are BIG contrasts between sun-lighted areas and shadows, additionaly many walls/buildings are painted in white.
My top 5 advices:
1. avoid taking pics in midday, better just after sunrise or before sunset,
2. avoid making pictures with objects of large contrast (white and black) - enlarge my picture to see such pic,
3. use sun filters if possible,
4. use manual white-black balance if possible and if you know how to do it hehe,
5. keep smiling :-))) and follow the links below.
- Digital Photography Review - the world's best internet service on digital cameras;
- ShortCourses - a complete guide to digital cameras, digital photography, and digital video;
- Digital Photography. The Textbook - for beginners in photography,
- photo.net - one of the world's largest photo portals online.
Have a great fun :-)
CAUTION! LOW EXIT!
Enlarge my picture, please to read the warning above the passage in the wall of Yuma Territorial Prison: CAUTION! LOW EXIT!
Is it something special for Japanese tourists?
Oopss... they are not always tall in different way :-). Am I right?
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: +1 (928) 783-4771
OPEN DAILY 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Pay attention to opening hours you are going to visit - they closes early (at least for me), many hours before sunset.
The Yuma Territorial Prison Historic Park closes at 5pm, isn't it too early? Don't you think so? Hmm... there is less heat later in the afternoon/evening.
CAUTION: DANGEROUS INSECTS AND REPTILES
I found this warning table (CAUTION: dangerous insects and reptiles inhabit the area) just by trail to Colorado River (Prisoner's Pass loop trail - 2100 ft) and Cemetery of Yuma Territorial Prison Cemetery. Hmm... I didn't find any insects and reptiles there but... be careful - just watch your steps and better don't wear sandals while hiking there.
YUMA MOTEL INN COMMERCIAL
Whenever you read prices on big commercials located by your highway/street read them carefully. Pay attention to smaller letters especially. They used to read the lowest possible price, often not for you and always with tax not included hehe.
Look at my pic: Yuma Motel Inn: $28? yes but for SNG = single room and Sun-Thu only. Weekend prices (Fri-Sat) are as usuall in the USA higher. I paid $42 for double room there (on business day).
Phone: +1 (520) 782-4592
More Reviews (55)
- See All Yuma? Where is it?
- Drive-in window shopping :-)
- Hotel bed or casino?
- Everything against heat and sun!
- Heat, heat, heat!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Yuma Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visit Historic Yuma"
- "History, desert, heat and Indians!"
- "Yuma In the Great Southwest"
- "It's Hot Here!!!"
- "Yuma on the border"
- "Yuma - Several historic sites"
- "Crossing the Colorado River"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yuma
- Hotels in Yuma
- Transportation in Yuma
- Nightlife in Yuma
- Restaurants in Yuma
- Shopping in Yuma
- Warnings and Dangers in Yuma
- See All...
Explore the World
- La Playa de Arguineguín
- De Bijland Hotels
- Cardiff Hall Hotels
- Otocic Mrkan Hotels
- Tuttletown Hotels
- Svalbard Warnings and Dangers
- Blarney Warnings and Dangers
- Sasebo Warnings and Dangers
- Lebanon Warnings and Dangers
- Sirmione Warnings and Dangers
- Male Island Warnings and Dangers
- Marne-la-Vallée Warnings and Dangers
- Itacaré Warnings and Dangers
- Bùzios Warnings and Dangers
- Traverse City Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Yuma
- 63 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 52 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Yuma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yuma
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Yuma hotel reviews
- La Fuente Inn & Suites
- 164 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Yuma Inn Motel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Shilo Inn Yuma Hotel
- 95 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Super 8 Yuma
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- Hotel Lee
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2010
- Radisson Hotel Yuma
- 197 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Clarion Suites Yuma
- 70 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 26, 2013
- Hampton Inn & Suites Yuma
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Howard Johnson Yuma
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Best Western Coronado Motor Hotel
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Motel 6 Yuma Oldtown
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 13, 2013
- SpringHill Suites Yuma
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 28, 2013
- Comfort Inn Yuma
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2013
- Martinez Lake Resort
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2011