"History, desert, heat and Indians!" Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma by matcrazy1
Yuma Travel Guide: 207 reviews and 459 photos
I found Yuma quite interesting destination altough I visited it only because it was on my itinery and I slept there.
To be honest, Yuma was less interesting than most other places I visited before and later in the USA. Anyway, don't skip Yuma whenever you drive in the area.
- is a winter-visitor capitol of North America with nearly 85,000 winter-visitors making Yuma their annual winter residence,
- grew by almost 36% between 1990 and 2000,
- is located in the desert, close to Algodones Dunes (in California),
- is located almost at the inter-state border with California and international border with Mexico,
- is located by Colorado River (border with California),
- is located close to Indian Reservations,
- is an agriculture, tourism and military (Marine Corps Air Station and Yuma Proving Ground) center.
I slept in Yuma Inn Motel which was my first motel accommodation in the USA.
- Pros:Yuma Territorial Prison State Historic Park, warm weather in winter
- Cons:Too hot May-October
- In a nutshell:Winter-visitor capitol of North America!
It's a hot area so watch what you eat. I had an ice chest (a cooler) with ice cubes and some food in my car. Be sure... more travel advice
Enlarge my map to see where Arizona is. Yuma is located in southwest corner of Arizona (marked by 1 in green square on... more travel advice
- Drive-in window shopping :-)
- Hotel bed or casino?
- Everything against heat and sun!
- Heat, heat, heat!
- See All What did they use a bell for?
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Yuma Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visit Historic Yuma"
- "History, desert, heat and Indians!"
- "Yuma In the Great Southwest"
- "Yuma on the border"
- "It's Hot Here!!!"
- "Yuma - Several historic sites"
- "Crossing the Colorado River"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yuma
- Hotels in Yuma
- Transportation in Yuma
- Nightlife in Yuma
- Restaurants in Yuma
- Shopping in Yuma
- Warnings and Dangers in Yuma
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yuma
- 63 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 49 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Yuma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yuma
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues