"Capitol of southern Arizona" Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson by matcrazy1

Tucson Travel Guide: 956 reviews and 2,189 photos

Downtown

I spent short time in Tucson. But I can say that it seems to be a very nice, relaxing and friendly place to live in and to visit :-).

Did you know that Tucson was the oldest continuously inhabited community in North America? I didn't. Surely the downtown like in most American cities doesn't look old in any way.

Coffee break

Driving around Tucson we finally stopped just after sunset. And we drank delicious coffee in a little strange and funny itl Coffee Shop :-).

Palm trees

They looked much better than those famous ones in Hollywood. Am I wrong?

• Pros:Surprisingly nice, relaxing atmosphere of small city in quite large and modern city!
  • Cons:Heat (May - October)
  • In a nutshell:City in the middle of a desert!
  • Last visit to Tucson: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Sep 21, 2003

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2009 at 8:01 PM

I remember when you and lovely URSULA ventured here. You all had such a good time. Hope you all are doing well. Lovely page!

• Mar 29, 2009 at 1:23 PM

As far as I know, the palm tree is not native to the area. So, it probably wouldn't be the official plant.

• marlasimone4's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2009 at 5:36 AM

It's not that the pronunciation of words is necessarily different. Because Tucson used to be part of Mexico and has indigenous and Mexican influences, the pronunciation of a word like Saguaro reflects that.

• Grazina's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2008 at 12:42 AM

this is navajo (dineh) sand painting which I think is awesome for the navajo

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2008 at 5:14 AM

An enjoyable page. You always manage to see things that other's miss.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2007 at 4:51 AM

I'd like to make a reservation for the new cactus restauant, please.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2006 at 8:59 AM

You were lucky to visit Tucson in a "warm" season! We were there in early August and, would you believe it, it was HOT! We almost skipped Tucson and geaded to Old Tucson.

• tommix's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2004 at 4:59 PM

perfect as usual! Very good job! :)

• lamentforicarus's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2004 at 12:38 AM

Beautiful page on my hometown. Thank you for your thoughts!

• KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2004 at 12:38 PM

I have been to Tucson twice, the last time for a three week stay. It was a lot of fun to read what you had to say about it. I also love the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and you did an excellent job with your information on it.

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Tucson