Tombstone Transportation Tips by matcrazy1 Top 5 Page for this destination

Tombstone Transportation: 6 reviews and 13 photos

ALLEN STREET, TOMBSTONE - Tombstone

ALLEN STREET, TOMBSTONE

Around Tombstone

Tombstone is a little town (population 1,550) easy to walk around. The main streets are below 1 mile (1.6 km) long but the most atractive part of city (Tombstone Historic District) covers less than half of that.

Tombstone receives approximately 450,000 tourist visitors each year. So, I was surprised that I so easily found a place on a street to park my car, right on main street called Allen Street (on business day in April). It may work worse other time though. I was also surprised that there were no parkometers and no parking fees there.

Route 80 (Fremont Street - no parking or limited parking there) crosses Tomstone's center but the most interesting is the first paralel street southwards called Allen Street. Driving southwards when I saw O.K. Corral advertesiment (photo 3) I turned right to 4th St. and again first right to Allen Street where I parked (photo 4). Map: follow the link below.

Mode: AROUND

Type: Other

Website: http://www.helldoradodays.com/images/MAP1.jpg

• Updated Feb 22, 2007
ROUTE 80 TOMBSTONE-BISBEE - Tombstone

ROUTE 80 TOMBSTONE-BISBEE

To Tombstone

You must have a car to get to Tombstone which is located in southeastern Arizona, 49 miles (79 km) northwest of Mexican border at Douglas and 24 miles (39 km) south of I-10 (exit 303 at Benson). I drove Route 82 from Nogales via Patagonia and took Route 80 (Benson - Douglas) South to Tombstone and then I drove it futher down to Bisbee and Douglas.

At that sunny Thursday afternoon the traffic was light, so driving was comfortable and fast. Cruise control was very useful for me. Although you may easily and safely drive faster on almost empty highway, my recommendation is to follow local drivers and not to exceed the speed limit given on a sign by more than 5 miles per hour. State police and speed control by aircraft may give you inconveniences.

Enlarge my maps (picture 2-4) to see my itinerary through the Southwest and southeastern Arizona. Legend:
8 - Tucson

14 - Douglas
15 - state line Arizona-New Mexico

Mode: TO

Type: Car/Motor Home

Website: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=&city=Tombstone&state=AZ&zipcode=

• Updated Feb 22, 2007

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Tombstone

Have you been to Tombstone?