"Sleepy border town" Nogales by matcrazy1
Nogales Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 77 photos
To be honest sleepy border town of Nogales was not a very interesting for me but it was on my itinerary. I visited old historic downtown, used free internet in a library and I slept there (in a motel, not in the library :-).
It's a border town located on USA-Mexico border. There is Mexican Nogales across the border you can visit to shop and enjoy delicious Mexican food at reasonable prices. By the way did you know that "Nogales" is the Spanish word for "walnuts"? I didn't know it and I didn't see any walnuts there :-).
I was so tired that I chose the first accommodation I found in Nogales and it was Motel 6.
Driving around old historic downtown do not miss Sacred Heart Church completed in 1928 - on the right on my picture.
- Pros:Mexican Nogales to do shopping and to eat just across the border, architecture, accommodations
- Cons:Heat in summer
- In a nutshell:Visit twin city: Mexican and USA Nogales :-)
I have never seen Chrysler PT Cruiser in Poland. But I could see quite many of these funny and very nice cars in the... more travel advice
Official websites on Nogales: City of Nogales Historic Nogales Main Street Nogales International Newspaper Nogales-Santa... more travel advice
- See All Visit Mexican Nogales
- See All Around Nogales
- See All Park your car in the shade
- At bed and around :-)))
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Nogales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sleepy border town"
- "Nogales, AZ"
- "Basaic Nogales Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nogales
- Hotels in Nogales
- Transportation in Nogales
- Nightlife in Nogales
- Restaurants in Nogales
- Shopping in Nogales
- Warnings and Dangers in Nogales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nogales
- 34 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Nogales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nogales
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues