"Welcome in Saguaro cacti kingdom :-)" Marana by matcrazy1

Marana Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 43 photos

Welcome to giant saguaro cacti country :-)

Driving from Yuma towards Saguro National Park (its western part) you should take Exit 236 on a freeway I-10 just in Marana (follow the direction signs). I stopped at the exit just to rest for a moment and check a map.

My itinerary

Look at the map of my itinerary in southern Arizona:
1 - Yuma - click here
2 - Tacna - click here
3 - Stanfield - click here

4 - Marana
5 - Saguaro Narional Park - click here
6 - Tucson - click here
7 - Nogales (sleeping :-) - click here

Wow, it was really busy day, better reserve at least 2 days for this itinerary if you want to survive and to visit more especially :-)

Business area in Marana

• Pros:Somewhat exotic landscape and saguaro cacti
  • Cons:Heat (May - October)
  • In a nutshell:Welcome in Saguaro cacti kingdom :-)
  • Last visit to Marana: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Sep 27, 2003

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2007 at 7:30 AM

Marana looks like a pretty desolate town. At least the saguaros cactus are interesting.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2006 at 1:37 PM

I enjoyed seeing Saguaro 'forests' during my brief time in Arizona, something totally different to the type of forests I normally picture! Yes, a bleak looking landscape in the middle of a searing day!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2006 at 8:21 PM

I have a crush for sagaros! What about the flower itself? May be you were not in Arizona at the time sagaros bloom!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2005 at 7:17 PM

I have always enjoyed the way you look at things and appreciate those little things that many over look while in their travels. These little towns add flavor to our world!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2005 at 7:13 AM

Sure do have a lot of catcus.. and no Tequila? :-) So flat and barren... you did well there considering.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2003 at 5:20 PM

Interesting observations Matt! In the case of the Tumbleweed Lounge, "lounge" means a bar or nightclub. In other words: "Alcoholic Drinks" served here.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2003 at 1:39 PM

Yeah, I bet Ursula's sandwiches are better too! Good advice. Wouldn't want to sit on a cactus!!

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2003 at 7:20 AM

You've made an interesting page about a boring city.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2003 at 9:21 PM

now I know everything about Cacti.....what a page Matt, just wonderful. thank you

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2003 at 2:25 PM

Wow, lots of cacti on this page! :-))) Thanks for the links to the photo websites! I've put them on my favorites so I can browse through them later :-)))

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Marana