"Another world hidden in a canyon" Top 5 Page for this destination Bisbee by matcrazy1
Bisbee Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 365 photos
I should be disappointed about Bisbee. Because I arrived late, I couldn't see much. See further details in my Genaral Tip. But, despite some inconveniences, I really enjoyed my short time in Bisbee. It was surely more authentic than Tombstone. I liked its old charm, Victorian architecture, red rocks around, peace and quiet and its relaxed lifestyle. It is surely a different world from what many foreigners imagine the USA to be.
Bisbee was founded as a copper, gold, and silver mining town in 1880. It was one of the largest mining towns and the largest city between San Francisco and Saint Louis and was known for such bawdy locales as Brewery Gulch, then a stretch of rowdy saloons. Today, Bisbee is known for its stunning Victorian architecture, mild year-round climate and abundance of galleries and one-of-a-kind shops.
- Pros:Mule Mountains, architecture, people, slow lifestyle, shopping, art watching
- Cons:Driving, parking and short opening hours
- In a nutshell:SEE IT PERSONALLY!
Do not laugh at me, please. My foundest memory from Bisbee is a bit unique and refers to Mexico. Well, I had already... more travel advice
After leaving hills of smooth slopes, Arizona State Highway 80 (Tombstone -Bisbee) close to Bisbee has entered a very... more travel advice
- See All Everything is Copper Queen
- See All Main Street
- See All Short opening hours
- A little bit of Bisbee in every cup
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Bisbee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bisbee - A Haven for Artists and Hippies"
- "Another world hidden in a canyon"
- "Bisbee - find your artist"
- "Bisbee, Arizona"
- "bottleofdoom's new Bisbee Page"
- "Bisbee Arizona"
- "Bisbee Arizona - "Little San Fransico""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bisbee
- Hotels in Bisbee
- Transportation in Bisbee
- Nightlife in Bisbee
- Restaurants in Bisbee
- Shopping in Bisbee
- Warnings and Dangers in Bisbee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bisbee
- 31 Reviews
- 158 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Bisbee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bisbee
Photos in BisbeeSee All Photos (158)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues