"Last chance to cross Polish-Slovak border" Oravska Polhora by matcrazy1
Oravska Polhora Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 35 photos
I, my wife and Kathy (Kodi01) from Dallas, Texas crossed the Polish-Slovak border in Korbielow - Oravska Polhora. Due to enlargement of European Union there will be no border check-up there since 1 May 2004. Haha, it was probably our last chance to see the border checkup there.
Oravska Polhora, border village is the most northern point of the Slovak Republic located in a valley of Polhoranka river surrounded by Oravske Beskydy mountains. It's a very looong village along Slovak Highway 521.
Hmm... nothing interested there except shopping possibilities as food and drinks are mostly cheaper than in Poland. So, we stopped there for small shopping. Btw there are two ski-lifts there which were closed due to lack of snow in October.
- Pros:Food and drink (beer) shopping, skiing in winter
- Cons:Not very interesting destination to be honest
- In a nutshell:Goodbuy border, welcome EU!
Comfortable walking shoes preferrably water-resistant: like good trainers or better special walking shoes (Danish Ecco... more travel advice
Looking at commercials along highway 521 in Oravska Polhora one can think that the area is bilingual as most of them are... more travel advice
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Oravska Polhora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Last chance to cross Polish-Slovak border"
- "Oravska Polhora"
- "My first stop in Slovakia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oravska Polhora
- Hotels in Oravska Polhora
- Transportation in Oravska Polhora
- Nightlife in Oravska Polhora
- Shopping in Oravska Polhora
- Warnings and Dangers in Oravska Polhora
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oravska Polhora
- 18 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Oravska Polhora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oravska Polhora
- Posted in Travel Germany Forum "Re: What to visit (for 2-3 hours)..."
- Commented on one of hdv63's Oravska Polhora travel pages
- Wrote a Review Fast changing weather in Oravska Polhora What to Pack
- updated a Oravska Polhora Travel Page "Last chance to cross Polish-Slovak border"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bilingual village?"
Photos in Oravska PolhoraSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues