"Mysterious a must see" Kalwaria Zebrzydowska by matcrazy1

Kalwaria Zebrzydowska Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 180 photos

On UNESCO World Heritage List!

Would you like to receive a postcard from Poland?
Click here, please!

Whatever is your religion I do recommend you to visit this holy for Roman catholics and unique place inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Especially if you are interested in history, architecture and local Polish culture.

Over 1,000,000 visitors each year

The shrine of Kalwaria Zebrzydowska is one of the most often visited pilgrimage places in Poland. It also supposed to be among the most interesting landscape and architectural projects in Europe. More than a million pilgrims and visitors arrive here every year. And not exclusively catholics.

Flowers for Kathy (Kodi01)

I'd like to say thank you to Kathy (Kodi01) from Dallas. I visited Kalwaria Zebrzydowska for the first time thanks to her. And it was great time!
Hmm... travelling around Europe, and recently the USA I skipped a great place just 1 hour from my hometown - unbelievable!!!

• Pros:41 chapels and churches at one place, pilgrimes, monks
  • Cons:Not so comfortable to get there without a car
  • In a nutshell:Mysterious a must see whatever is your religion!
  • Last visit to Kalwaria Zebrzydowska: Mar 2010
  • Intro Updated Apr 11, 2010

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2010 at 6:07 AM

just started looking at this lovely page Matt it looks very beautiful is this where the coach will go after it has dropped people at Oeswiecien?

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2007 at 3:09 PM

Ignorant me! How did I miss Kalwaria until now? Always thought that Czestochowa is the most important pilgrimage site in Poland, but now I understand that there is much more. Thanks for this fantastic tour, Matt.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2007 at 1:23 PM

Matt, what a massive page with loads of interesting photos. I quite like the Polish red Poczta boxes. Perhaps I should take this place into account for a possible daytrip from Krakow if I ever go there again. *winkygrin*

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2007 at 11:38 AM

Nice page! Pitty I wasnt her when I was in Krakow, maybe another time. Do you know, Vilnius has Kalwaria as well, but a bit smaller ;) Raimis.

• ZiOOlek's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2006 at 5:34 PM

What about shops selling fernitures, Matt? When I last visited Kalwaria every second shop sold fernitures... :) Anyway, great overview... Made me want to visit the town again... :)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2005 at 8:30 PM

I knew the name of Kalwaria Zebrzydowska because of the visit of pope John Paul II but had no idea of what it looked like. Thank you for sharing the visit !

• Goner's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2004 at 9:32 PM

Pretty little town, your pictures of the church interiors are exceptional. Hope you have a Happy Easter!

• Azhut's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2003 at 12:03 PM

Wonderful churches and great info! kisses

• Kodi01's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2003 at 5:44 PM

You are truely a artist Matt. It is the Pope's favorite church. It was beautiful and yes I found my Texas Saint. :o)) Fantastic page and THANKS for visiting with me Maciek!!!

• gosiaPL's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2003 at 5:16 PM

Never been to Kalwaria Zeb. but I can clearly see it is a must. I had no ideait was so big!

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska

Have you been to Kalwaria Zebrzydowska?