"Heart of Europe and Poland" Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow by matcrazy1
Krakow Travel Guide: 4,535 reviews and 10,661 photos
YOU ARE VERY WELCOME! WOW!
One of the best things on VT is possibility of meeting real and cool people from all over the world who share the same passion for travel and discovering the world.
No matter whether you are quite new to VT or an old VT-animal you are very welcome to join the 6th official Virtual Tourist European Meeting which will take place in Krakow, Poland on 28-29-30 May 2010. If you have never joined any VT-meet, no worries. I can guarantee that after first 5 minutes you will feel as if you are with family and at a friendly home. I can only smile now how nervous I was before joining my first ever larger VT-meet in Oceanside, California in 2003. But I did it and I am happy now :-))).
More details: EuromeetKrakow2010 page.
Sign up to attend the meeting here, please.
If you can't come you are very welcome to become Virtual Attendee and sign up for Euromeet 2010 - Virtual Attendees Meeting (VAM)
If you live in Krakow or as soon as you book your flights/transportation to Krakow and your accommodations please check VT-meeting schedule, choose activities for you (four VT-dinners/evenings; tours etc.) and sign up to attend all or some of them. You may choose what you want point by point, however my recommendation is NOT to skip two official VT-dinners: on Friday, 28th May and on Saturday, 29th May. Look at list of Euromeet activities to choose and sign up. Do enjoy!
Read and join please:
- general discussion on Krakow's Euromeet
- discussion on How to get to the meeting
- discussion on Where to stay in Krakow for Euromeet 2010?
If you need more information download two up-to-date travel guides to Krakow (both issued every 2 months, you will get them free in Krakow, too):
Krakow in your pocket
The Visitor Malopolska
Check Virtual Tourist Krakow Travel Guide
We can't wait to see you in Krakow. WOW!
Urszula - matcrazy0
Matt or Maciek - matcrazy1
Just after Krakow's adventures if you have time and enough energy you are very welcome to join:
1. VT-meeting on 1-2 June in Lviv, Ukraine posted by me
2. VT-meeting on 4-5 June in Sibiu, Romania posted by codrutz
and continue with me and others back to Krakow, Poland through Tokaj, Hungary and Slovakia (arriving back at Krakow in the evening of Monday, 7th June, 2010).
A few questions:
1. How to save 22% on shopping?
2. What Krakow's pigeons love to do?
3. How mamy people celebrate New Year's Eve in the Krakow's Main Market Square?
4. How many Nobel Prize winners live in Krakow?
5. What is "All Fools’ Day"?
6. How to find a very cheap taxi?
7. Where to find the world's greatest medieval sculpture?
8. Where and when to listen a bell so huge as London's Big Ben?
9. Why better not to say "thank you" to a waiter in a restaurant?
10. How to communicate with non-English speaking natives?
Answers to the above questions and much more you can find in my tips. WELCOME!!!
Get a cup or better two (hmm... maybe dozen) of coffee - there are many tips haha :-))).
Would you like to receive a postcard from Poland?
Click here, please!
Thank you very, very much :-)))
Thanks to the extraordinary accumulation of cultural wealth, the city was registered as one of the 12 sites on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Mistake? Oh, no. I don't think so. WHY KRAKOW? Do you want the whole list or top 10? OK, top 10:
You can find in Krakow:
1. "SCHINDLER'S LIST" - the famous movie by Steven Spielberg, awarded 7 Academy Awards - location;
2. Fantastic people (including 2 Nobel Prize winners, a few future haha and... 73 VT-ers :-) ;
3. The largest plaza of medieval Europe;
4. The wordld's oldest shopping mall;
5. The world's longest souvenir's shop;
6. One of the world's oldest and best universities est. 1364 (Nicolaus Copernicus and Pope John Paul II among its students);
7. The most famous of all Poland's churches;
8. The 700yo still operating salt mine (in Wieliczka) - placed on UNESCO List of World Cultural and Natural Heritage;
9. Magical "Cellar under the Rams" - one of the world's best cabaret and one of the best European theaters: "Teatr Stary" (The Old Theatre) which director was Andrzej WAJDA - prized Honorary Academy Award in March 2000, La Palme d'Or in Cannes (1981) and Golden Lion (1998) in Venice;
10. Lem - famous writer (future Nobel Prize winner maybe haha), author of a novel "Solaris" on which is based the new Hollywood movie "SOLARIS" by Steven Soderbergh starring George Clooney (USA premiere Nov. 2002, in Europe since March 2003)
9999... Me in some weekends haha :-)
MORE: Internet portals about Cracow (in English):
If you know English better then me read please the anthem of "Cellar under the Rams", famous Krakow's cabaret - should it be MY/YOUR/VT ANTHEM as well?
-- written by Max Ehrmann in the 1920s --
Not "Found in Old St. Paul's Church"!
Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even to the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love,
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
it is as perennial as the grass.
Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
- Pros:Magical atmosphere, people, old architecture, shopping,eating, nightlife
- Cons:Risk of addiction (KA = Krakow addiction, new disease, no cure but strong support group :-)
- In a nutshell:Heart of Poland and Europe
I discovered this new hotel in summer 2009 looking for a quiet accommodation not far from the historic center and with a... more travel advice
My wife and I spent the evening (13th November 2005) together with my VT-friend Dave (shdw100) from Kansas City,... more travel advice
- See All Polish and... Mexican drinks
- See All Let's meet... under the knife
- See All On bicycle
- See All Strange ship
- See All Not clean river
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Krakow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heart of Europe and Poland"
- "Krakow - Ancient Capital of Poland"
- "Krakow: Rome in Poland."
- "Krakow ~ Everybody's Favourite!"
- "How could you not love Krakow?"
- "KRAKOW *** CRACOVIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Krakow
- Hotels in Krakow
- Transportation in Krakow
- Nightlife in Krakow
- Restaurants in Krakow
- Shopping in Krakow
- Warnings and Dangers in Krakow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Krakow
- 353 Reviews
- 430 Photos
- 116 Forum posts
- 308 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krakow
Photos in KrakowSee All Photos (430)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues