"The Baltic Sea in October? Are you crazy?" Leba by matcrazy1
Leba Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 66 photos
Would you like to receive a postcard from Poland?
Click here, please!
Thank you very, very much :-)))
Before my trip to Leba at the end of October my friends asked me: "are you crazy?" (if any doubts look at my nick). Going to the Baltic Sea in October? Go south, for example to Croatia with the Adriatic Sea, they suggested.
I'm happy not to listen to them. I found a very relaxing, empty and silent place with roar of the sea waves and THE BIGGEST DUNES IN EUROPE (although not the highest) in nearby Slowinski National Park, details in my Off The Beaten Path Tips.
Water in the Baltic Sea in Leba is relatively cold even in summer, often 18-22 C (64-72 F).
Therefore I'm glad to annouce the COMPETITION for the best answer to the question:
How to warm the Baltic sea around Leba?
E-mail me if you have any ideas, please. List of prizes, jury and detailed rules of the competition unavailable. All answers can be quoted here:
1. Get a large group of people and have them all pee in the water at once. That should raise the water temperature a few degrees. :-)
2. My suggestion to heat up your Sea is, Solar Panels. Just cover it with solar panels. Another thing you could do is what the California Surfers do, wear a wet suit. :-)
3. I'd rather put a plant on producing glintwein (mulled wine), and put tonnes of glintwein there... believe me after that Leba will have tourists all year long. Swimming + drinking simultaneously; do you like the combination?
4. Any other ideas? This place is just for YOU! Which of the above ideas is the best for you? 3rd? :-)
There are many new hotels, pensions, bars etc. which are full of tourists only in the summer.
Hotel Neptun (on the picture) is the best although was hmmm... a little too expensive for me, maybe next time haha :-).
Leba is a small town with fishing harbour at the river estuary situated on the middle coast of the Baltic Sea nearby Slowinski National Park, an area with mighty sand dunes, Poland's answer on Sahara!
- Pros:The most beautiful broad, sandy beach; very relaxing place out of the season; THE BIGGEST DUNES IN EUROPE nearby
- Cons:Maybe over-crowded in summer; not so warm water in the Baltic
- In a nutshell:Out of the season is the best!
Walking on the dunes in Leba is forbidden (except special paths) but you can see them directly from the beach, of course... more travel advice
There is the holy cross in a parking next to west beach. more travel advice
- See All Walking
- See All The Baltic Sea in October
- See All Easy parking a car in October
- See All Other accommodations on the web
- Fish restaurants - general information
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Leba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LEBA - POLISH SAHARA"
- "The Baltic Sea in October? Are you crazy?"
- "Leba - where Poland meets the Sahara"
- "Hotel Soplica - Palace"
- "Leba Sand Dunes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Leba
- Hotels in Leba
- Transportation in Leba
- Nightlife in Leba
- Restaurants in Leba
- Shopping in Leba
- Warnings and Dangers in Leba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Leba
- 44 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Leba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Leba
- updated a Leba Travel Page "The Baltic Sea in October? Are you crazy?"
- Posted in Travel Germany Forum "Re: What to visit (for 2-3 hours)..."
- Commented on one of Marcin75's Leba travel pages
- Wrote a Review The dunes in Leba in Leba Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Baltic Sea in October? Are you crazy?"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues