"Pszczyna - do not try to pronounce it :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Pszczyna by matcrazy1
Pszczyna Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 445 photos
Would you like to receive a postcard from Poland?
Click here, please!
Thank you very, very much :-)))
Pszczyna is located in southern Poland, 20km (12 mi) south of my hometown Tychy, 25 km (16 mi) west of Auschwitz-Birkenau (Oswiecim) and 90 km (56 mi) west of Krakow.
The old town is small and picturesque with the beautiful market square. There is one of the best preserved in Poland castle with beautiful park complex in Pszczyna.
By the way there are very many (I think more then 100) such lovely small towns in Poland, not so easy to find though.
The documented history of the fortified Pszczyna castle goes back to the first half of the 15th century.
Then the castle was changed to palace estate with a park comlex. Pszczyna was visited by Prussian and German emperors, kings as well as their royal guests from all over Europe in 19th century.
The Castle Museum in Pszczyna is one of the most frequently visited museums-residences in Poland. Every year, the castle attracts over 100 thousand tourists. Why?
Because of the very well maintained interiors of the castle.
I was very glad to kidnap to Pszczyna the following VT-ers:
Mark ((acemj) from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Kathy (Kodi01) from Dallas, Texas, USA
Fernando (darthmilmo) from San Antonio, Texas, USA
Donald (DonGrafton) from Wisconsin, USA
- Pros:Castle with well maintained interiors, beautiful market square, Frykówka restaurant
- Cons:You can break your tounge when you try to pronounce Pszczyna :-)
- In a nutshell:A little pearl of the Upper Silesia region
Depends on season. Always umbrella or rain coat/jacket. Check the weather in nearby city of Bielsko-Biala: click... more travel advice
There are not really good accommodations in Pszczyna as I know. I can recommend Hotel Retro because of the best location... more travel advice
- See All Illuminated trees
- See All They close at... 2pm
- See All Concerts inside... church
- See All Towers of Pszczyna
- See All Colors of houses
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Pszczyna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pszczyna -- Pearl of Upper Silesia"
- "My first meal in Poland!"
- "Psczcyna - Euromeet 2010 Excursion"
- "Pszczyna - do not try to pronounce it :-)"
- "A day-trip from Krakow"
- "CASTLE MUSEUM IN PSZCZYNA"
- "Don't try to pronounce it, just go visit."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pszczyna
- Hotels in Pszczyna
- Transportation in Pszczyna
- Nightlife in Pszczyna
- Restaurants in Pszczyna
- Shopping in Pszczyna
- Warnings and Dangers in Pszczyna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pszczyna
- 72 Reviews
- 99 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 81 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Pszczyna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pszczyna
- Posted in Travel Germany Forum "Re: What to visit (for 2-3 hours)..."
- Commented on one of Kathrin_E's Pszczyna travel pages
- updated a Pszczyna Travel Page "Pszczyna - do not try to pronounce it :-)"
- Wrote a Review Weather, tripod, stomach :-) in Pszczyna What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "Weather, tripod, stomach :-)"
Photos in PszczynaSee All Photos (99)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues