"Dedicated to Jacek Kaczmarski" Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw by matcrazy1
Warsaw Travel Guide: 2,951 reviews and 7,129 photos
This page is dedicated to the memory of great Polish poet, guitarist, singer and my great friend, Jacek Kaczmarski who has always been an inspiration to me...
More in travelogue: Tribute to Jacek Kaczmarski.
I was in Warsaw many times, including on 24 April 2004 for... the funeral of Jacek Kaczmarski. I was there as a kid and teenager and then as well but mainly on business with very limited time to visit the city itself.
I wanted to visit Warsaw's tourists attractions and meet my Warsaw's VT friends. And I did it during the VT-meeting (or better to say meetings) which took place on 20, 21 and 22 January, 2006. It was unforgettable time in my life for many reasons: friendship and hospitality of VT-friends, meeting so many interesting and various personalities, good laugh, a lot of fun, fascinating sightseeing, great eating out (and drinking out as well)... and at the end my first ever 5-star hotel paid by me lol!
Pictures from Warsaw VT-meeting January, 20-22, 2006 are hidden in various tips but first of all they are put in the following pages:
A. My 15 meeting galleries:
1. VT people invide Poland :-) - part 1/3
2. VT people invide Poland :-) - part 2/3
3. VT people invide Poland :-) - part 3/3
Follow the links on the bottom of each of the above pages.
B. My four travelogues below.
C. My General Tips (under the foundest memories) below (115 pictures)
Warsaw - the largest city and the capital of Poland since 1595 when King Zygmunt III Waza moved his permanent residence, court and the crown headquarters from Cracow to Warsaw after Wawel Castle in Cracow burnt down.
What is Warsaw today?
City of breathtaking history, endless historical monuments, pearls of European architecture and great cultural events.
City of beautiful, tiny old town and ugly, chaotic downtown/centre.
City of science, lively student's life and universities.
City of Polish government, parliament, politicians, demonstrations and protests against everything.
Cosmopolitan city of skyscrapers, traffic jams, noise and of... parks, flowers, peace and quiet.
City of rich and poor, luxury top end stores and poor street vendors, big world business and beggars, high (we say Warsaw) and low prices.
City of contrasts you may love it or hate it. Definetely under-rated must see in Poland and central Europe.
- Pros:History (Uprising Museum, Royal Castle, memorials), architecture (palaces, churches), parks, cultural events, future :-)))
- Cons:More cosmopolitan than Polish downtown, the capital of Poland ---> too many politicians with low political culture :-(((
- In a nutshell:Don't move the capital back to Krakow, please!
On May 1, 2004 Poland joined the European Union - intergovernmental and supranational union of 25 (in 2006; add Bolgaria... more travel advice
This not very large square (Rynek Starefo Miasta) is the heart of the Old Town surrounded by rows of rebuilt after WWII... more travel advice
- See All For caffee break
- See All Gifts and books on Warsaw
- See All Drastic scenes
- Bring a cell phone and others
- See All On Nazi and Soviet terror
- See All Making friends, romance, love... :-)
- See All Open from May to September only!
- See All Simple, basic, the cheapest(8.7 euros...
- See All Off the beaten path walk through park
- See All Workout room and sauna
- See All Where to walk and not to walk?
Been to Warsaw?Share your travels with the world!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Warsaw Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dedicated to Jacek Kaczmarski"
- "All around me"
- "Warsaw Rising"
- "WARSAW- THE CITY WITH A HISTORY!"
- "My Home Town"
- "This page is dedicated to my Dad Zygmunt Strzezek"
- "I love Warsaw!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warsaw
- Hotels in Warsaw
- Transportation in Warsaw
- Nightlife in Warsaw
- Restaurants in Warsaw
- Shopping in Warsaw
- Warnings and Dangers in Warsaw
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warsaw
- 264 Reviews
- 1,295 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 76 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warsaw
Photos in WarsawSee All Photos (1295)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues