Wawolnica Off The Beaten Path Tips by matcrazy1
Wawolnica Off The Beaten Path: 3 reviews and 2 photos
There is the old narrow-gauge railway track (750mm instead of 1435mm "normal" railway) and the station in Wawolnica. The railway connects Naleczow with Rozalin and is 28 km long. It's not used in any schedule now.
If you want to ride it (rather for groups, I suppose) you must applicate in a local tourist office.
Silent witness of history
After WWII Wawolnica has become a victim of soviet crimes.
It was completely burned out on 2 May 1946 by people from security police (UB) ruled by soviet communist occupants. Two people were burned alive and many injured. UB didn't allow the fire brigades to enter the village to put out the fire.
The ivestigations of the Institute of National Memory revealed that soviet ocupants murdered in Lublin region twice more people in 1944-1947 then Germans during the whole WWII.
The castle chapel
The only remaing of the castle built in Wawalnica in 14th century by Polish king Casimir III the Great is the chapel.
Wawalnica was from 1364 to 19th century a city with a castle surrounded by city walls. The king's city (called Königsberg that time) was located on the commercial track from old Polish capitol Krakow to Lithuania.
More Reviews (5)
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Wawolnica Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Lucerne Hotels
- Seacliff State Beach Hotels
- Ko Phaluai
- Baliceaux Island Hotels
- Trichur Hotels
Badges & Stats in Wawolnica
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Wawolnica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wawolnica
Photos in WawolnicaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues