"Charming village with impressive church" Dotnuva by matcrazy1

Dotnuva Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 54 photos

Parish church - facade

The main advantage of driving a car around Lithuania was the fact that I could stop at each place I wanted. So, I stopped in Dotnuva for a while when I unexpectadly saw an impressive facade of the parish church put in the middle of flat, agricultural area.

Parish church

It was typical Lithuanian village with not at all typical church.

Lithuanian house

Look at common colour of Lithuanian wooden house - bright yellow.

• Pros:It's a green village, parish church, peace and quiet
  • Cons:Nothing more there!
  • In a nutshell:Discover Lithuanian countryside!
  • Last visit to Dotnuva: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 3, 2005

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2007 at 5:13 AM

Interesting page on Dotnuva Matt. Beautiful old Church and lovely homes in the area. I especially like the brick and stone houses.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2005 at 12:27 AM

Nice wooden houses. These iron sheets roofs are a shame. We have too many of them in France's small villages too. The stone and bricks walls are amazing as that must be more difficult to build than brick only or stone only !

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2005 at 11:31 AM

Matt, lovely page and interesting architectural information ! I'm considering to visit central Asia or the Baltics this year.

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2005 at 1:38 PM

Beautiful pics Matt! As on off the wall kind of thing, I noticed you complained about the lack of hard shoulders on the roads. Well with the lack of kerbs and pavements, you could have just pulled up on the grass!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2005 at 5:23 PM

I really enjoyed this page Matt! I can see why the Parish church so interested you, with it's very unique construction. It was great to get your insights into the local architecture as well, and how it compared to the old Soviet days!!

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2005 at 11:24 PM

Quite interesting. Best of luck

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2005 at 4:51 PM

Matt, loved the architectual details on these pages; the way you divided the church up into sections to explain was quite interesting. I, too, agree about taking photos. I always ask. You do have some very wonderful photos, however. Great lessons, indeed.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2005 at 10:01 AM

I feel the same as you about pointing cameras at people but we miss out on a lot of good shots.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2005 at 5:26 AM

Beautiful countryside and definitely a nice drive around. The Churches are lovely Good insight into their houses and good local information.

• balfor's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2005 at 8:27 AM

Very nice page Maciek! That is definately a parish church that is worth stopping for a look!

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Dotnuva

Have you been to Dotnuva?

Latest Activity in Dotnuva