"The best European balneology resort!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Druskininkai by matcrazy1
Druskininkai Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 184 photos
Druskininkai is the best European balneology resort! (chosen by Eurepean edition of "Newsweek" magazine) and indeed, I found it true! It's great place to relax in peace and quite!
Druskininkai (Druskienniki in Polish language) is old town, first mentioned in 1636. It is spa with 12 mineral water springs, many parks, sanatoriums, health spas, two lovely lakes and old churches including lovely Russian Orthodox church built at the end of 19th century.
Relaxing and creative atmosphere of Druskininkai attracted many famous Polish and Lithuanian people before WWII, including Polish ruler, marshal Pilsudski and Lithuanian composer Ciurlionis.
The spa looked pretty empty when I was there in June 2004. There were quite many Polish medium and older age visitors there. The resort was growing and changing trying to meet the needs of its visitors. It was inexpensive area, cheaper than any popular spa in Poland, even not mentioning any Western European resort.
- Pros:Spa! Relaxing atmosphere, not crowded, inexpensive
- Cons:More good quality tourist facilities, please!
- In a nutshell:Escape and relax in peace and quiet!
Druskininkai was not that large. I could easily walk/hike around, including a little bit longer (over 40 min.) hiking... more travel advice
I could easily rent a pedal boat at Turistu gatve (street) on the western bank of Druskonis lake in Druskininkai. There... more travel advice
- See All Buy this leaflet - city guide
- Weather, shoes, smile... :-)))
- See All New business architecture
- See All Did it come from Germany?
- See All Surprisingly good beer
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Druskininkai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The best European balneology resort!!!"
- "Druskininkai - resort between forests and water"
- "Sveiki atvyke i Druskininkus"
- "Druskininkai- Perfect Place For Every Season"
- "Drushininkai: easier to enjoy than to spell!"
- "Druskininkai - cozy health-resort town"
- "THE THERMAL LAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Druskininkai
- Hotels in Druskininkai
- Transportation in Druskininkai
- Nightlife in Druskininkai
- Restaurants in Druskininkai
- Shopping in Druskininkai
- Warnings and Dangers in Druskininkai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Druskininkai
- 90 Reviews
- 93 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Druskininkai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Druskininkai
- updated a Druskininkai Travel Page "The best European balneology resort!!!"
- Posted in Travel Germany Forum "Re: What to visit (for 2-3 hours)..."
- Commented on one of bangkokjim's Druskininkai travel pages
- Wrote a Review Walk around a lake and rest :-) in Druskininkai Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Walk around a lake and rest :-)"
Photos in DruskininkaiSee All Photos (93)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues