Grutas Transportation Tips by matcrazy1
Grutas Transportation: 5 reviews and 5 photos
DON'T FORGET TO TURN RIGHT !
Grutas is a village in southeastern Lithuania close to both Belarus and Poland. The village itself is located along main highway A1 from Vilnius, Lithuania to Hrodna (Grodno), Belarus and only 12 km from Druskininkai, the best European balneology resort! (chosen by Eurepean edition of "Newsweek" magazine).
Grutas park is located 1 km east of the main highway A1. I drove there by my car from Druskininkai. The right shoulder and lane was under renovation (June 2004) and at first I didn't see this direction sign, on my picture. Do not skip it... and turn right there. There was quite large (and almost empty) parking lot (free of charge) in front of the park entrance.
Border crossing points:
Lazdijai - Ogrodniki: 64 km,
Budzisko - Kalvarija: 98 km.
(direction Hrodna --> 48 km) - 13 km.
Veisiejai - 37 km
Lazdijai - 55 km
Rudamina - 63 km
Kalvarija - 85 km
Vilnius - 120 km
Kaunas - 124 km.
Riga, Latvia - 400 km
Tallinn, Estonia - 710 km
Berlin, Germany - 1000 km
Prague, Czech - 1050 km
Budapest, Hungary - 1120 km
Type: Car/Motor Home
WALKWAY IN GRUTAS PARK
The only way to visit Grutas Park is to walk on foot around, first along Grutas lake, then along local small river in the shade of firs and pines. The walkway was mostly paved (asphalt, cement or wooden). From the parking lot located on the edge of Grutas lake I went to the ticket office and then along the lake to small zoo and lunapark area. The futher itinerary consisted of the two loop walkways of which the eastern was more interesting in my opinion - look at the map here, please.
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: +370 (313) 55511
EXCLUSIVELY FOR AUTHORIZED VEHICLES!
Well, I arrived to Grutas Parkas by my car. I had to park it on quite large (as for Lithuania) parking lot in front of the entrance as the park was available exclusively on foot unless for authorized cars of the park staff. The parking was free of charge.
Just in case you don't have a car in Lithuania, first get to Druskininkai, then you have a few oppotunities.:
1. take a taxi, it should be cheap, esp. for a group of 4 passangers (click here),
2. take a bus from Druskininkai bus station (Gardino 1) to the village of Grutas and walk over 1 km to the Grutas Parkas,
3. take a tour from Druskininkai, organized by many tour operators (more here),
4. go on foot (approx. 12 km!) or rent a bike in Druskininkai (at some sanatoriums/hotels, for example in Egles Sanatorija) and take a biking trail called "Zilvino takas" to Grutas Lake (more here).
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (96)
- Weather, shoes, smile... :-)))
- See All Soviet Army
- See All Taking pictures of animals
- See All Mini-zoo
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Grutas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Learn the truth about the Soviet Union"
- "Grutas park - look into communism and Soviet Union"
- "GRUTAS PARKAS"
- "Grutas, Lithuania"
- "Gruto Parkas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grutas
- Transportation in Grutas
- Restaurants in Grutas
- Shopping in Grutas
- Warnings and Dangers in Grutas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grutas
- 99 Reviews
- 142 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Grutas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grutas
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues