Grutas Tourist Trap Tips by matcrazy1
Grutas Tourist Traps: 3 reviews and 3 photos
CLOSED TICKET OFFICE
The ticket office (closed when I was going back, on my picture) offered limited choice of post-Soviet items. I could find more choice around the parking lot earlier. But there were NO authentic post-Soviet items. Instead there were a lot of copies of Soviet pictures, banners, slogans put on mugs, glasses, plates, posters etc.
Unique Suggestions: At least some items were funny.
Well, good laugh was the best way to save common sense in the world of pure absurd during communist rules in my country, Poland. Immigration to the magical West or... schizophrenia was an option.
Fun Alternatives: Window shopping maybe a great fun as well.
MINI-ZOO (BIRDS THERE)
The mini-zoo put in the Grutas Park was small, messed and very badly signed. I could see only birds there (+ a few rabbits). There was no information about the birds except short name of each bird species in Lithuanian and Latim language.
Unique Suggestions: Pass by...
Fun Alternatives: Generally I don't like any ZOO. The only ZOO I liked was in San Diego, California. Welcome :-).
I was very dissapointed to see only 2 small and useless leaflets on the Grutas Park at the ticket office instead of great bookstore with huge variety of simple and real historical books on Soviet era which involved over half of our globe in not so old past.
Additionally these useless leaflets were sold for 5.00 Lt as I remember. This one (8 pages) on my picture included only very short, basic info (in English, German, Polish and Russian) and even didn't include the map of the park.
Unique Suggestions: Don't buy the leaflets on Grutas Park at the place. Well, I bought this one, on my picture, more as a kind of souvenir than as a source of any usuful or interesting information.
Fun Alternatives: Look for info at official webpage of Grutas Park available in English, Lithuanian, Polish and Russian.
Print out the map of the park from here and take it with you.
More Reviews (96)
- Weather, shoes, smile... :-)))
- See All Soviet Army
- See All Taking pictures of animals
- See All Blue composition
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Grutas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Learn the truth about the Soviet Union"
- "Grutas park - look into communism and Soviet Union"
- "GRUTAS PARKAS"
- "Grutas, Lithuania"
- "Gruto Parkas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grutas
- Transportation in Grutas
- Restaurants in Grutas
- Shopping in Grutas
- Warnings and Dangers in Grutas
- See All...
Explore the World
- South Hero Island Hotels
- Brussels Hotels
- Suwon Hotels
- Gonzales Hotels
- Alligator Pond
- Denali National Park and Preserve Tourist Traps
- Tampa Tourist Traps
- Brussels Tourist Traps
- Santa Catalina Island Tourist Traps
- Democratic Republic of Congo Tourist Traps
- United States of America Tourist Traps
- Souvenir Shops
- Street crime
- Lesotho Tourist Traps
- Zimbabwe Tourist Traps
- Isle of Skye Tourist Traps
- Fiji Tourist Traps
Badges & Stats in Grutas
- 99 Reviews
- 142 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Grutas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grutas
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues