"Still undiscovered little pearl of Lithuania" Kedainiai by matcrazy1
Kedainiai Travel Guide: 137 reviews and 215 photos
I visited Kedainai at least for the two reasons: first this town was marked with 1 star (interesting point) on my map and second: I knew that name (or more exactly Polish name Kiejdany) from "The Deluge", the historical novel by Sienkiewicz, famous Polish writer and Nobel Prize winner in literature in 1905.
Another great Polish writer and poet awarded Nobel prize in 1980, Milosz was born in Seteiniai, very close to Kedainiai, in 1911. Is this the country of poets and writers?
I was very, very surpriced to see small and empty old town with very picterusque old wooden houses, impressive churches and beautiful banks of Nevezis River. I was later told that the only one historical old town among smaller Lithuanian towns survived just there, in Kedainiai.
There are many remainings of very colorful and complicated - both glorious and sad - history of Kedainiai. I found churches of various religions and they were mostly full of prayers on Saturday afternoon.
Go to Kedainiai to enjoy your eyes !!! Hurry up, to arrive before hordes of tourists and before they paint the city in new, modern patterns (hopefully never!). I was there on time haha.
- Pros:No tourists, architecture, very friendly locals, low prices
- Cons:No tourists :-), not as low prices as I expected, neglected housing districts in the surroundings
- In a nutshell:Escape to lovely and very historical town!
I got to Kedainai by my car driving there from Poland. WHERE IS IT ? 7 km west of the main south - north highway E67.... more travel advice
I took a lot of pictures inside churches of Kedainiai. Hmm... I still didn't buy a tripod, so some of them were a little... more travel advice
- No nightlife ?
- See All Walking tour - 12
- See All Call home
- See All Window patterns
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Kedainiai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Still undiscovered little pearl of Lithuania"
- "Kedainiai - old city in the middle of Lithuania"
- "Beautiful design city!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kedainiai
- Hotels in Kedainiai
- Transportation in Kedainiai
- Nightlife in Kedainiai
- Restaurants in Kedainiai
- Shopping in Kedainiai
- Warnings and Dangers in Kedainiai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kedainiai
- 115 Reviews
- 158 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 36 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Kedainiai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kedainiai
Photos in KedainiaiSee All Photos (158)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues