"Simple life is the best!" Rudamina by matcrazy1
Rudamina Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 77 photos
Please even do not try to look for any information on Rudamina in any travel books or in the web. Hmm... you can eventually ask locals if you want to know more and if you know Lithuanian (sometimes Russian or Polish).
It's definetely off the beaten path village in southern Lithuania, close to Poland.
My page is about more than Rudamina itself. It's about typical Lithuanian countryside and its lazy life, about the past days which are still alive there.
Old, Roman catholic churches luckily survived Soviet occupation in many villages and small towns of Lithuania. Well, some of them were not renovated for years, neglected and closed when I visited them.
Grave of a priest killed by KGB in 1986, which I found in Rudamina, and his story, inspired me to read about unbelievable religious intolerance in the heart of Europe... a few years ago. Well, I look a little bit futher East now, with some sadness and hope as well. More: in my travelogues.
There were lovely wooden houses and not so lovely brick/cement houses, put in no order along main highway or sometimes unpaved track in typical Lithuanian village.
- Pros:No tourists
- Cons:No tourist facilities
- In a nutshell:Simple life is the best!
Well, except no information and some information given in Lithuanian I found this commemorative plaque fixed to a wall... more travel advice
I found this wooden cottage on the right (southern) side of highway 134 from Rudamina to Lazdijai. Notice stork nest... more travel advice
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Rudamina Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rudamina
- 34 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Rudamina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rudamina
Photos in RudaminaSee All Photos (77)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues