"The most cow's page on VT (32 cows)" Skemiai by matcrazy1

Skemiai Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 32 photos

Letter from LT 01476205 to VT-ers :-)))

Skemiai; June 12, 2004.

Hello dear VT-ers :-)

I am from Skemiai, central Lithuania. My new name is LT 01476205 and I have a passport since May 1, 2004, when they forced me to join something what was called European Union (EU). Look at my poor ears :-(. Why, to hell, they made holes in my BOTH ears? It hurted. Hmm... I can't travel (alive) with my new EU passport as I am chained to the ground all the time. And they keep me far from any males now.

Additionally
, my poor owner had to learn to fill in very complicated forms for these EU beaurocrats. Thanks great help of a few wise human beings from nearby city she managed to fill in those crazy forms right (at third attempt though). It's strange, they didn't pay her for it yet. Well, they are going to pay her soon.

I do hope she will spend that money for better food for me in wintertime or for new, longer (please!) chain or (just a dream!) for a fence around my large grazing land me to graze unchained inside :-). Hmmm... some local human beings told me that she is going to buy an old car. Poor German tax payers who will pay her. But, probably that old car will come to her from Germany.

Well, no more complaints!
Lucky me, I am a diary cow. You will not eat me soon, although I am healthy (they check it like crazy recently) and inexpensive, much cheaper than my cousins from Western Europe. Unfortunately, more and more my friends are killed recently (more in Poland, our neighbour - real slaughter there) and their bodies are transferred to Western Europe. Thank you USA for a ban for Lithuanian beef.

Letter continued...

My old owner is OK, she never was in EU, she has probably never left my county. She used to milk me with her hands at least once a day. Lucky me, more and more my friends have to suffer unhuman, opss... uncow's... automatic milking machines... brrr...

They keep me clean and feed me well. There is a lot of green grass around since April to October. I don't like winters here... the food is not fresh that time.

Cow's greetings from Lithuania.
Yours sincerely,
LT 01476205.
P.S. You are always welcome to Skemiai, Lithuania for a glass of my delicious milk.

Along highway 144

I drove Lithuanian secondary highway 144 from Kedainiai to Siaulai. And this tiny page is more about Lithuanian countryside along the highway than about little village of Skemiai itself.

• Pros:Coutryside, no traffic, no visitors... cows, horses, meadows and locals who have probably never left the county...
  • Cons:No tourist facilities!
  • In a nutshell:Simple life (human, not cow's) is the best!
  • Last visit to Skemiai: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 8, 2005

• Neit's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2009 at 3:25 AM

A really nice letter!!

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2007 at 12:35 AM

mooooooooooooooooo!! (Which translates into: "fun page")!!! Have a great sunday, Maciek!

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2007 at 8:38 AM

haven't said, "Hi" in a while so stopped to do that. Everyone loves a good animal story. Prefer to see cows free in lg fields. I heard they have personalities and actually make good barn pets.

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2006 at 12:50 PM

obsessed by cows, are you?

• sihi's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2006 at 10:53 AM

Amazing page Maciek!! Very interesting:))))

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2006 at 11:30 PM

Definitely an interesting story from the cow.:-) Cuter than the Texas cows.. poor things having to be chained and tagged like that.

• KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2005 at 7:44 AM

Matt-Matt-Matt-I had not intended to look at any of your pages today, but when I visited your home page and saw the "cow" story I got hooked just like a fish. A nice solid hook it was too. How fun! How entertaining and creative!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2005 at 9:40 PM

Dear LT 01476205, your postcard reminds of those days, not so far away indeed, when cars had to wait when cows went from their meadow to the fountain in the middle of the village and to their cowshed. I miss the delicious scent of fresh cow dung !

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2005 at 4:19 PM

I found these pages quite delightful. Your photographs of the cows were amusing, picturesque, and creative. And, believe it or not, I learned a great deal!

• Dionosaur's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2005 at 2:50 PM

That is one big load of hay! :) Great picture.

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Skemiai

Have you been to Skemiai?