"The most cow's page on VT (32 cows)" Skemiai by matcrazy1
Skemiai Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 32 photos
Skemiai; June 12, 2004.
Hello dear VT-ers :-)
I am from Skemiai, central Lithuania. My new name is LT 01476205 and I have a passport since May 1, 2004, when they forced me to join something what was called European Union (EU). Look at my poor ears :-(. Why, to hell, they made holes in my BOTH ears? It hurted. Hmm... I can't travel (alive) with my new EU passport as I am chained to the ground all the time. And they keep me far from any males now.
Additionally, my poor owner had to learn to fill in very complicated forms for these EU beaurocrats. Thanks great help of a few wise human beings from nearby city she managed to fill in those crazy forms right (at third attempt though). It's strange, they didn't pay her for it yet. Well, they are going to pay her soon.
I do hope she will spend that money for better food for me in wintertime or for new, longer (please!) chain or (just a dream!) for a fence around my large grazing land me to graze unchained inside :-). Hmmm... some local human beings told me that she is going to buy an old car. Poor German tax payers who will pay her. But, probably that old car will come to her from Germany.
Well, no more complaints! Lucky me, I am a diary cow. You will not eat me soon, although I am healthy (they check it like crazy recently) and inexpensive, much cheaper than my cousins from Western Europe. Unfortunately, more and more my friends are killed recently (more in Poland, our neighbour - real slaughter there) and their bodies are transferred to Western Europe. Thank you USA for a ban for Lithuanian beef.
My old owner is OK, she never was in EU, she has probably never left my county. She used to milk me with her hands at least once a day. Lucky me, more and more my friends have to suffer unhuman, opss... uncow's... automatic milking machines... brrr...
They keep me clean and feed me well. There is a lot of green grass around since April to October. I don't like winters here... the food is not fresh that time.
Cow's greetings from Lithuania.
P.S. You are always welcome to Skemiai, Lithuania for a glass of my delicious milk.
I drove Lithuanian secondary highway 144 from Kedainiai to Siaulai. And this tiny page is more about Lithuanian countryside along the highway than about little village of Skemiai itself.
- Pros:Coutryside, no traffic, no visitors... cows, horses, meadows and locals who have probably never left the county...
- Cons:No tourist facilities!
- In a nutshell:Simple life (human, not cow's) is the best!
Besides cows, I saw horses grazing on meadows along highway 144. They were fewer than cows and I didn't see any horsemen... more travel advice
I parked my car on a shoulder by a road sign Skemiai. There was nothing interesting and great there. Just country... more travel advice
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Skemiai Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Skemiai
- 11 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 36 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Skemiai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Skemiai
Photos in SkemiaiSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues