Vilnius Hotel Tips by matcrazy1 Top 5 Page for this destination

Vilnius Hotels: 4,663 reviews and 143 photos

HOTEL  SHAKESPEARE - Vilnius

HOTEL SHAKESPEARE

Shakespeare Vilnius Hotel: Stay with a style :-) Shakespeare Vilnius Hotel Review

Walking along Bernardinu gatve (Observantine Street, formerly Zaulek Bernardynski in Polish language) towards St. Anne's church I paid attention to lovely, renovated with good taste building on the left.

In the past it was Palace of Olizars' or Lapacinskis' (Palac Olizarów or Lapacinskich). The building was built in 18th century in late baroque and clasical style and was covered by beautiful baroque red-tiled roof. Now, it houses Hotel Shakespeare with a restaurant and pub. Well, there were hotel guests in suits and ties (businessmen ?) mixed with casual visitors.

Unique Qualities: Excuse, I didn't sleep there, I saw only bar and reception hall there - very stylish, old looking interiors with some charm... if you like it. For more: check the link below, please... if you are ready to spend over 150 € per double room.
I would choose a room under the roof with roof window - look at my Off The Beaten Path tip Palace of Olizars' here :-).

Address: 88 BERNARDINU STREET, Vilnius, LT 2600

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: From Cathedtral Square walk Pilies gatve, pass under arcade first street left (Bernardinu gatve), walk aprrox. 200 m (650 ft), hotel on your left.

Other Contact: Fax: +370-5-2314522

Phone: +370-5-2314521

• Updated Apr 4, 2011
CROWNE  PLAZA  HOTEL - Vilnius

CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL

Crowne Plaza Vilnius: General information Crowne Plaza Vilnius Review

I didn't book any accommodation in Vilnius in advance because I wasn't sure which day I arrive. I was looking for my accommodation quite long in the evening and I finally found Crowne Plaza.

My 10 tips:
1. Vilnius (and generally Lithuania) is still relatively cheap country but hotels in Vilnius (and Lithuania) were not that cheap,
2. They were less expensive (most of 3- and 4-star hotels) in... weekends: Fri-Sat and Sat-Sun,
3. During my second trip to Lithuania there was no vacancy in a few 3-star hotels I visited or call to. Why? Well, they were fully booked by numerous groups of visitors from Poland as there was long free weekend in Poland that time. Well, new hotels in Vilnius were almost completed, soon... more.
4. Hotels in the old town were always more, even much more expensive than those located outside - you must pay much more for the location than for number of stars.
5. Hotels outside the old town had various location: from not nice location among Soviet style huge apartment buildings (Zemaites Hotel) to quite pretty location in green and safe areas of city (Crowne Plaza).
6. Special internet prices for rooms were (as I checked twice)... higher than real price at place.
7. At some hotels recepcionists were allowed to get you a discount (5-10%) esp. when you come late and they still had free rooms or they had deals with other hotels.
8. Most 3- and all 4-star hotels had guarded parking lots but usually additionally paid (sometimes much).
9. All hotels I visited were very clean (sterile). Standart of hotels was good although... my 5-star Crowne Plaza hotel looked the same as 4-star hotels in western Europe I was lucky to visit. What stands for 5-star? I never lived in any 5-star hotel yet :-).
10. Looking for a hotel in Vilnius via internet? Follow the links, please:

Unique Qualities: Vilnius hotels and accommodations on Virtual Tourist - look for hotel deals and/or read tips of other VT-ers!;
Vilnius Hotels Guide

Phone: +370 (5) 2743401

Website: http://www.cpvilnius.com

• Updated Mar 6, 2005
OUR  ROOM  AT  CROWNE  PLAZA :-) - Vilnius

OUR ROOM AT CROWNE PLAZA :-)

Crowne Plaza Vilnius: My recommendation! Crowne Plaza Vilnius Review

This new hotel (opened 2003) is my recommendation esp. for those who are looking for a very good hotel in Vilnius or... couldn't find any less expensive one like me. I would be obliged to pay at least twice more for such a hotel in western European capitals or in any larger US city, I am sure.

Well, I was looking for say 3-star (or good 2-star) hotel in the evening and there were no vacancy in a few hotels I visited and/or called to (more in my tourist trap tip). Finally I did find 4-star (or even signed as 5-star) large, 16-store Crowne Plaza Vilnius. A surprice: this very good hotel was less expensive than most worse hotels located in the old town (you pay for the location). Well, Crowne Plaza was located in lovely, green and safe area where a lot of embassies and Vilnius upclass homes were put.

Unique Qualities: HOTEL
It was the best hotel we had in Lithuania. All facilities of 4-star hotel including:
- health and fitness centre,
- indoor swimming pool,
- sauna, jacuzzi,
- restaurant
- two bars, one located at the top with great panorama over Vilnius etc., etc.

ROOM
Our standart room was not big but enough for two and the beds were comfortable. There was a data port / modem connection in a room (if you have a laptop with appropriate cable) or internet access via TV (it took ages to get to VT and it didn't accept my pasword, I coudn't log in), add coffee :-) and tea in a room. The room was equipped very good with cable TV, phone, a fridge with hotel minibar, trouser press, private safe for valuables etc. Brekfast next day was very good :-).

PRICE:
We paid 273.00 Lt + 28.00 Lt for guarded parking lot (hmm... wasn't it the most expensive parking lot in Lithuania?) = 301.00 Lt (€ 90.00, US$109.00, 416.00 Polish zloty). Next time I would probably park my car on unguarded parking lot of a hotel...
The standart price for our room was 342.00 Lt (€ 99.00), hmm... read in my tourist trap tip why we paid less. Lower prices in... weekends (Fri-Sat and Sat-Sun): 304.00 Lt per double room.

Address: Mk Ciurlionio 84 St, , Vilnius LT 2600

• Updated Jun 30, 2004
HOTEL  EUROPA  IMPERIAL - Vilnius

HOTEL EUROPA IMPERIAL

Europa Imperial: I would love to live there Europa Royale Vilnius Hotel Review

This hotel looks impressive. It was located in the heart of the old town close to the Gates of Dawn in an old, renovated in style house. Excuse, I didn't sleep there but I could see its stylish reception hall and restaurant with vaulted wine cellar. And I asked about prices and got to know that there was no vacancy :-(.

Unique Qualities: Old style, prices (over 500 Lt per double room) were far lower than for the same class (4-star) hotel in such location in any western Europea capital. Simply, I would like to live there but... there was no vacancy when I was there and... 500 Lt was a little bit much. Hmm... the hotel was not that large.
If you have... over 1300 Lt to spend take the Round Suite on its top with a view around over the old town.

Address: Ausros vartu gatve 6, Vilnius LT – 2001, Lithuania

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: From the Town Hall's square (Rotuses aikste) walk 2-3 min. southeast Didzioji gatve to triangle shape square with a parking lot, pass by the philharmony on your right to Ausros Vartu gatve (street), the hotel a little futher up on the left.

Other Contact: Fax: +370 (5) 261 20 00

Phone: +370 (5) 266 07 70

Website: http://www.hoteleuropa.lt/index.php?show_content_id=126

• Updated Jun 26, 2004
HOTEL  RADISSON  SAS  ASTORIJA - Vilnius

HOTEL RADISSON SAS ASTORIJA

Radisson Sas Astorija: For business Radisson SAS Astorija Hotel Vilnius Review

This beautiful, classic turn-of-century building on my picture housed one of more expensive hotel in Vilnius. As I remember it costed over € 150.00 per "the cheapest" double room when I was there. OK, such hotels in say Paris, Berlin or Rome cost more. But... hmm... some locals have to live a month for that money.

Well, the hotel seemed to be good option for business maybe. I saw Russian speaking men in suits (businessmen ?) there. I would eventually spend a night there if my company would pay for it... Hmm... it didn't. I could only see old decor of the hotel hall.

Unique Qualities: Good location in the heart of the old town. Astorija Bar and restaurant, indoor pool, fitness room, sauna, steam bath and jacuzzi, internet access in rooms. I got to know that the hotel was built in 1901 but comletely renovated in 1998, so the rooms should look nice.

Address: Didzioji 35/2, Vilnius 2001, Lithuania

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: From the Cathedral Square walk a few minutes southwards Pilies gatve (Castle Street) to triangle square at its end, continue walk southwards (Didzioji gatve), pass through Town Hall's square (Rotuses aikste), hotel on your right.

Other Contact: Fax: +370 (5) 2121 762

Phone: +370 (5) 2120 110

Theme: Hotel

Website: http://www.radissonsas.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=RadissonSAS%2FPage%2FrsasHotelDescription&cid=1053434518628&language=en&hotelCode=vnozh

• Updated Jun 25, 2004
INTERNAL  COURT  OF  NARUTIS  HOTEL - Vilnius

INTERNAL COURT OF NARUTIS HOTEL

Summit Hotel Narutis: At best location (expensive!) Hotel Narutis Review

I found this hotel at the main street of Vilnius old town - Pilies gatve (Castle Street) that was at the best possible location. The street was close for traffic most of the day, except for quite numerous (!) taxes and surely emergency vehicles, but anyway it was quite busy and a little bit noisy place. Maybe better to choose a room with windows for internal (glass roofed) yard or backyard.

Excuse, I didn't sleep there during my first visit to Vilnius in May 2004. Instead I visited its reception hall (on my picture) and I asked about the prices and discounts. The very nice (and pretty) young lady offered me to pay 15% less (this was not the USA) for 2 weekend nights (Fri-Sat-Sun). She could speak pretty well English.Hmm...,
the double room costed, as I remember well, almost € 200 for one night at double room! I said: thank you. Just in case... check up-to-date prices here.

I ate late lunch at hotel's Kristupo cafe (tables outside, on a street) where I found some delicious (and expensive) food - more in my restaurants tips. I visited its restaurant located at amazing cellars, rather luxary place for business lunch (completely empty when i was there) or... romantic diner by the candles.

Unique Qualities: The hotel offered guarded parking lot and... permission to drive there at any time. This part of the old town was close for traffic most of the day. What about driving there at first time (in case of meeting police that time)? I had a car and being in Vilnius for the second time in June 2004 but there was NO vacancy in Hotel Nauritius. Luckily I found less expensive and... better 4-star hotel outside the old town - the Crown Hotel.

Well, clean and good 3-star Narutis Hotel is my recommendation for those who are ready to pay much for location in the heart of Vilnius old town and those who... book a room in advance.

Address: Pilies st. 24, Vilnius 2001

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: From the Cathedral Square walk approx. 7 - 10 min. Pilies gatve (Castle Street), the hotel on the left, next to St. John's church.

Other Contact: Fax: +370 (5) 2622882

Phone: +370 (5) 2122894

Website: http://www.narutis.com

• Updated Jun 23, 2004
CITYPARK  HOTEL - Vilnius

CITYPARK HOTEL

City Park: Very nice hotel at great location Amberton Hotel Review

City Park Hotel (Viesbutis) was located just opposite to the front facade of the Vilnius Cathedral and its belfry, on walking distance to the most representative, shopping street of Vilnius (Gedinimo prospektas) and to the main street of the old town (Pilies gatve). Fantastic location!

Excuse, I didn't sleep there but I entered the hotel and asked at the reception about the prices, discounts, car parking etc... Well, the interior looked very, very nice. The receptionist could speak English (better than me), was very nice and gave me some leaflets on Vilnius. I am sure, I would be very satisfied staying there.

Unique Qualities: I was told that there was parking garage for hotel guests located underground for additional fee 10 € per day.
Hmm... it was expensive hotel: something around 150 € per double room. They offered me 4th night free when I pay for 3 nights there. Maybe someday... :-).

Address: L. Stuokos-Guceviciaus 3, Vilnius 2001

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: Opposite to the front facade of the Vilnius Cathedral and its belfry

Other Contact: Fax: +3705 210 74 60

Phone: +3705 210 74 61

Website: http://www.citypark.lt

• Updated Jun 4, 2004

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Vilnius

Have you been to Vilnius?

Visiting Vilnius?
Read real reviews about Vilnius Hotels!

Top 10 Vilnius Things to Do