"Lovely town at the end of Czech :-)" Jablunkov by matcrazy1
Jablunkov Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 160 photos
Even don't try to look for this town (and area) in Lonely Planet or other travel books on Czech Republic. I am dissapointed about the Czech guides, they all skipped this lovely Czech area! OK, it motivated me to put up this huge page.
I passed through Jablunkov (Appletown) many times driving towards southern Europe as the town was located along main north - south highway of central Europe: E-75 which went from almost North Cape, Norway to Athens, Greece. The lazy and lovely town was located in north-eastern corner of Czech Republic, very close to both Poland and Slovakia.
Last time we stopped there together with Kathy (Kodi01) and Urszula (matcrazy0) on lovely town square. We took a walk along the town and we were doing small shopping to spend our last Czech crowns.
The name "Jablunkov" derives from Czech word "jablko" or so which means an apple. There were quite many apple trees there, indeed.
One bottle ((0.5 l = 16.91 oz) of delicious Czech beer costed from 6.80 to 19.5 Kc in local grocery (Oct. 2003, add 3Kc for a bottle). That time it was (cash +/- 4% rate):
$0.26 - $0.75
0.22 - 0.63 Euros
1.00 - 2.87 Polish zloty.
Will they rise prices up when Czech enters European Union on 1 May 2004? That is the question!
- Pros:Lovely town square, lazy atmosphere of typical Czech small town, very cheap beer, surrounding mountains, very close to both Poland and Slovakia
- Cons:No luxury, nothing of particular interest there!
- In a nutshell:Discover real Czech small towns!
There were two less known and the cheapest Czech brand beers available in Vecerka: Primus and Klasik. Primus (Primus... more travel advice
Radegast beer is brewed in Nosovice, eastern part of Czech Republic (called Moravia) since 1567. There were three unique... more travel advice
- See All Visa, please!
- See All Parking lots
- See All New colors of Jablunkov
- See All Dormer windows
- See All Sympathetic but still corrupt police
- Big mistake :-(((
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Jablunkov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely town at the end of Czech :-)"
- "Welcome to Czech Republic with me!"
- "PIG KILLING FESTIVAL!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jablunkov
- Hotels in Jablunkov
- Transportation in Jablunkov
- Nightlife in Jablunkov
- Restaurants in Jablunkov
- Shopping in Jablunkov
- Warnings and Dangers in Jablunkov
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mont Saint Michel
- Hillsdale Hotels
- Lake Sakakawea State Park Hotels
- Seal Beach
- Marina di Pietrasanta Hotels
- Monument Rocks National Natural Landmark Hotels
- Wildcat Mountain State Park Hotels
- Province of Abra Hotels
Badges & Stats in Jablunkov
- 90 Reviews
- 133 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Jablunkov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jablunkov
- Posted in Travel Riga Forum "Re: Pre-Euromeet 2014 Riga"
- Commented on one of barbipez's Jablunkov travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "No more propaganda, advertisements now!"
- updated a Jablunkov Travel Page "Lovely town at the end of Czech :-)"
- Wrote a Review The cheapest beers - skip them! in Jablunkov Shopping
Photos in JablunkovSee All Photos (133)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues