"Lazy village among beautiful mountains" Mosty u Jablunkova by matcrazy1

Mosty u Jablunkova Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 105 photos

Off the beaten path village

I was in this village in north-eastern corner of Czech many times. Off the beaten path, no doubts, don't try to find it in any travel guide.
The most interesting for me was to observe the changes I could notice there since 1990 that was since communism collapse. Add hiking around surrounding mountains.

Usually we stayed with my Polish friends somewhere close and we drove there for eating, drinking beer, food and beer shopping and just to have fun.
I stopped there for a while on our short, 1-day trip from Poland to Slovakia and Czech together with Kathy (Kodi01) and Urszula (matcrazy0) in October 2003. We were walking around and we ate diner in Hotel Beskyd restaurant.

Chickens :-)

Kathy was surprised to see chickens... walking along the highway :-). Haha, they are all kept imprisoned in chicken farms in the USA, I suppose.

Watching football/cricket

We were lucky to see Saturday football game. I mean European (or Brasil ?) football with round ball, called cricket by Kathy.

• Pros:Typical, lazy village surrounded by amazing mountains, changing since 1990, reasonable prices (cheap area), restaurants, groceries, walking... chickens, football, friendly natives, very close to Slovakia and Poland!
  • Cons:No luxury there - is it con or pro? :-)
  • In a nutshell:Discover real and changing Czech countryside!
  • Last visit to Mosty u Jablunkova: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 4, 2004

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2007 at 2:15 AM

The place sounds so much like Slovakia, the early closing hours, the general sleepy atmosphere. We must go there to see the views and try syrove korbaciki. Have they got prazeny syr as well - it's very good with hranolky and tatarska omacka.

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2006 at 5:10 AM

Love your "umbrella" Have had similar improv tools myself! Hope your holiday is magical and memorable!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2006 at 3:58 PM

As always -- interesting - entertaining - useful tips. I'm forever amazed at your knowledge of beer, no matter where you are in the world. The smoked sheep cheese sounds interesting.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2005 at 10:03 AM

Superb page ! don't worry, in France we have free chicken wandering in many back country villages and they are not going to be forbidden by EU !

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2005 at 11:43 AM

A wealth of information, especially for someone like myself who knows little about the region. Great Tourist Traps tips! A myriad of unique "tidbits". Your work is always captivating because it is so genuine.

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2004 at 3:50 AM

Fantastic page! Of course, I put most attention to your beer tips :-D

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2004 at 3:24 PM

With a name like that, I had to check the page out. May the chicken, beer and umbrellas? remain

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2004 at 2:33 PM

a lovely page, Matt ! Czech Republic is a great & still very cheap place for a vacation !

• cadzand's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2004 at 12:28 PM

you look pretty cool with that nice umbrella. isn't it upside down ? :-))

• Azhut's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2004 at 1:18 AM

gnammy :-))))

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Mosty u Jablunkova

Have you been to Mosty u Jablunkova?

Latest Activity in Mosty u Jablunkova