"Lazy village among beautiful mountains" Mosty u Jablunkova by matcrazy1
Mosty u Jablunkova Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 105 photos
I was in this village in north-eastern corner of Czech many times. Off the beaten path, no doubts, don't try to find it in any travel guide.
The most interesting for me was to observe the changes I could notice there since 1990 that was since communism collapse. Add hiking around surrounding mountains.
Usually we stayed with my Polish friends somewhere close and we drove there for eating, drinking beer, food and beer shopping and just to have fun.
I stopped there for a while on our short, 1-day trip from Poland to Slovakia and Czech together with Kathy (Kodi01) and Urszula (matcrazy0) in October 2003. We were walking around and we ate diner in Hotel Beskyd restaurant.
Kathy was surprised to see chickens... walking along the highway :-). Haha, they are all kept imprisoned in chicken farms in the USA, I suppose.
We were lucky to see Saturday football game. I mean European (or Brasil ?) football with round ball, called cricket by Kathy.
- Pros:Typical, lazy village surrounded by amazing mountains, changing since 1990, reasonable prices (cheap area), restaurants, groceries, walking... chickens, football, friendly natives, very close to Slovakia and Poland!
- Cons:No luxury there - is it con or pro? :-)
- In a nutshell:Discover real and changing Czech countryside!
I always looked for so called "syrove korbaciki" - local, home-made, smoked sheep cheese - sold exclusively in this... more travel advice
On the way back from the summit of Lysa Hora (off the beaten path - no doubts :-) it unexpectadly started to rain so we... more travel advice
- Beautiful mountains and amazing views
- See All Less competition?
- No nightlife? Not at all, but...
- See All Most popular foreign car
- See All Nothing more than...
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Mosty u Jablunkova Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lazy village among beautiful mountains"
- "Mosty u Jablunkova"
- "A day in Mosty !!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mosty u Jablunkova
- Hotels in Mosty u Jablunkova
- Transportation in Mosty u Jablunkova
- Nightlife in Mosty u Jablunkova
- Restaurants in Mosty u Jablunkova
- Shopping in Mosty u Jablunkova
- Warnings and Dangers in Mosty u Jablunkova
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mosty u Jablunkova
- 57 Reviews
- 100 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Mosty u Jablunkova?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mosty u Jablunkova
- Posted in Travel Germany Forum "Re: What to visit (for 2-3 hours)..."
- Wrote a Review Smoked sheep cheese in Mosty u Jablunkova Shopping
- updated a Mosty u Jablunkova Travel Page "Lazy village among beautiful mountains"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Food"
- Commented on one of Kodi01's Mosty u Jablunkova travel pages
Photos in Mosty u JablunkovaSee All Photos (100)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues