"My lovely Sweden" Sweden by matcrazy1
Sweden Travel Guide: 12,620 reviews and 38,054 photos
This bridge over fiord links Sweden and Norway (photo from Swedish site). Due to agreement among Nordic States (Norway, Sweden and Finland) there is no border control.
My first short impressions:
1. Swedish countryside houses are beautiful,
2. They love horses or rather riding a horse,
3. They often have the flag-staff with the Swedish flag on the top in front of their houses (do they play national anthem on the trumpet every morning rising up the flag? - I hope so),
4. They are not cold, they like singing and drinking beer (what to do if the night lasts almost all day)
5. You can see here thousands of elks - moose (details below in my Tourist Trap),
6. Shopping on Sunday - even in the smallest town, at least a hypermarket will be open on Sundays (corrected by Sjalen - thank you), but didn't manage to buy any souvenirs in Gotoborg on Sunday;
7. The air seems to be extremaly clean here,
8. The beer is expensive but swedish beer is much more cheaper
9. Everybody (from 6 years old up to 70) can speak English and wants to help you.
CONCLUSION: GREAT COUNTRY TO DISCOVER!
I was only 2 days in Sweden (on the way to Norway and back) but I'm so surprised of the beauty of this country that I will definetely come back!
- Pros:Fantastic nature: fiords, mountains, forests...
- Cons:I didn't find any alive moose :-)
- In a nutshell:FOR NATURE LOVERS!
If you take a ferry from Danemark to Sweden don't be surprised (especially on weekends)that many amused after few... more travel advice
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Sweden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Sweden!"
- "It's in my blood"
- "Sverige - beautiful all year round :-)))"
- "Sweden - Sverige"
- "Make the right turns when you're here"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sweden
- Hotels in Sweden
- Transportation in Sweden
- Nightlife in Sweden
- Restaurants in Sweden
- Shopping in Sweden
- Warnings and Dangers in Sweden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sweden
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Sweden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sweden
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues
Top Sweden hotels
- Stockholm Hotels
- 4012 Reviews - 9756 Photos
- Hornborgasjön Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 15 Photos
- Uppsala Hotels
- 310 Reviews - 817 Photos
- Göteborg Hotels
- 941 Reviews - 1854 Photos
- Lund Hotels
- 96 Reviews - 191 Photos
- Malmö Hotels
- 477 Reviews - 1033 Photos
- Jönköping Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 83 Photos
- Karlstad Hotels
- 130 Reviews - 181 Photos
- Kalmar Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 114 Photos
- Örebro Hotels
- 78 Reviews - 206 Photos
- Växjö Hotels
- 72 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Karlskrona Hotels
- 63 Reviews - 163 Photos
- Kiruna Hotels
- 177 Reviews - 355 Photos
- Halmstad Hotels
- 58 Reviews - 95 Photos
- Visby Hotels
- 146 Reviews - 374 Photos