"Historic and EUropean capitol" Brussels by matcrazy1
Brussels Travel Guide: 5,812 reviews and 12,540 photos
I decided to visit Belgium for the first time in my life... one day before my arrival, in Paris. So, I wasn't well prepared for it. I mean I didn't read in advance what to visit there, where to go, what to do etc. I just bought a map of Brussels and took a very loooong walk up and down around the city. And I enjoyed it a lot :-))).
I didn't have enough time to discover and feel the city life and unfortunately my budget was very low that time so I couldn't... do you know the whole list? OK, never mind, I found the city very interesting with many masterpieces of old architecture, a lot of people to watch and meet. Brussels was maybe a little crowded, noisy and busy but very relaxing at some places as well.
That was the question with my low budget there :-). Hmm... I decided to fuel my car to be able to come back home that time - not so easy decision as I had to pass a very difficult exam after coming back (I passed it !!!).
I promised myself to come back to Brussels to taste food I had seen there and to meet more friends there. Maybe soon...
- Pros:Architecture, food, people to watch and meet :-)
- Cons:Busy and crowded - shortage of parking lots (esp. free :-)
- In a nutshell:Discover history of Western Europe!
I am sorry, I liked Brussels a lot but I must add a few words on a darker side of the city I was unlucky to see at one... more travel advice
The quality of air in the city of Brussels is quite bad which is usual and normal in most bigger cities with heavy... more travel advice
- See All Street names
- See All Top of St. James church
- Walking shoes and rain coat
- Walking around
- See All My window shopping
Written May 9, 2016
Grand Place (Grote Markt)
Written May 9, 2016
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Brussels Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More than a decade in Brussels"
- "Say Brussels?? K! let's go to find The Soul"
- "BRUXELLES - BRUSSEL - BRUSSELS"
- "Gothic treasures , art nouveaux - a royal city!"
- "Brussels, Capital of Belgium"
- "Bruxelles, ma belle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brussels
- Hotels in Brussels
- Transportation in Brussels
- Nightlife in Brussels
- Restaurants in Brussels
- Shopping in Brussels
- Warnings and Dangers in Brussels
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brussels
- 42 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 124 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Brussels?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brussels
- updated a Brussels Travel Page "Historic and EUropean capitol"
- Posted in Travel Germany Forum "Re: What to visit (for 2-3 hours)..."
- Commented on one of Kuznetsov_Sergey's Brussels travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Old architecture"
- Wrote a Review Darker side of Brussels in Brussels Warnings and Dangers
Photos in BrusselsSee All Photos (61)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues