"Virginia is for lovers!" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia by matcrazy1

Virginia Travel Guide: 7,548 reviews and 17,998 photos

I LOVE VIRGINIA !

Virginia was my first state visited in the East and it was a blast! Virginia means history, heritage, great people, food, architecture, nature and wildlife as well as southern culture and hospitality. I can risk opinion that you didn't see the USA if you didn't visit the Old Dominion state. Enough said. Welcome to my tips.

Now, Virginia is one of a few places on our planet I want to come back and revisit although I usually don't travel twice to the same area. That's why I put travelogue "Next time" with suggestions for my next Virginia visit. If you have any e-mail me, please. Thank you :-)

Rolling hills of Virginia's Piedmont

• Pros:People, history, architecture, food, nature, wildlife and southern culture!
  • Cons:None! Well, time and $$$ needed :-)
  • In a nutshell:It's a blast! Get packed and go!!!
  • Last visit to Virginia: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 6, 2007

• Aug 25, 2010 at 9:43 PM

These are not called sheafs or sheaves of hay in the south, but simply "round bales". they're just hay.

• May 8, 2008 at 6:08 PM

Wow, the work you did on these pages is amazing. We leave for Virginia next week, I'm sure we'll find your information useful. Thanks so much for the time and commentary you put into this. By the way, your "use of the English Language" is exemplary.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2007 at 10:49 PM

Very well written tips, like all your other American tips! So many nice historical places there are to visit in Virginia. Interesting to hear of the vinary (I thought all American vines were from the west coast).

• jelw's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2007 at 2:43 AM

I had forgotten how good your tips on Virginia are!

• high_d's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2007 at 5:33 PM

That's great!!! Too bad I didn't get one of those plates, instead I have the Blue Ridge mtns one. It would have made a great souvenir:))

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2007 at 10:25 AM

Virginia in autumn looks fantastic and you definitely succeeded in capturing the beauty of all those places you have visited, Matt. A great guide, stunning pictures and detailed and accurate explanations. I'm sure I'll love Virginia as much as you did.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2007 at 7:46 AM

I especially enjoyed your insightful observations of Southern history and culture. You are an astute observer, and despite Zrim's naive comment, you have a much better understanding of the War Betwen the States than he does.

• ChristinaNest's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2007 at 5:30 AM

Great overview of Viginia, I would like to visit this state one day! Didn't remember that UVA is a UNESCO site... greetings from Sofia

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2007 at 4:53 PM

Hi thx 4 visiting my Telouet page! I visited Virginia oct-nov 2003 loads of history and scenery, loved it - including the Natural Bridge!nice to see your pics - mine arent on digital so r still in 35mm packets!

• zrim's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2007 at 9:33 AM

Virginia is a great state Matt, but I don't buy their propoganda on the Civil War. It really was about slavery.

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Virginia

• 2,510 Photos

Have you been to Virginia?

Latest Activity in Virginia