"Amazing mountains in sun and snow!" Pas de la Casa by matcrazy1

Pas de la Casa Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 23 photos

Pyrenees!

Little town and ski centre of Pas de la Casa was my first stop in Andorra in May 1994 and it really amazed me. Not the community itself but the breathtaking views over the Pyrenees Mountains around.

At the end of 2005 I met my Polish friends who are passionate skiers and each winter spend at least two weeks skiing. After skiing in various ski stations in the Alps, in the Polish, Czech and Slovak Carpathian Mountains they asked me about Andorra. Well, I persuaded them to give Andorra a try. And following my suggestion they spent their winter vacations in Pas de la Casa in February 2006. Well, I am not surprised they came back extremely satisfied. We've met again recently and I've got to know that my friends plan to go skiing to Andorra again in 2007. So, they inspired me to update this page and share some their opinions (in hotel, nightlife and sport tip).

• Pros:Breathtaking mountain views, skiing/snowboarding
  • Cons:Chaotic architecture of cement hotels and duty free shops
  • In a nutshell:Amazing, mountainous country!
  • Last visit to Pas de la Casa: May 1994
  • Intro Updated Oct 30, 2006

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2007 at 11:29 AM

It somehow reminds me very much of Swiss alps ;))

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2007 at 3:49 AM

Another fine page!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2007 at 5:16 AM

Looks like a skiers paradise beautiful white stuff all around. Interesting little page of past adventures.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2006 at 6:04 AM

The snow-capped mountains look beautiful but so cooooold. Give me a sandy beach and I'm happy.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2006 at 8:44 AM

Great that your friends enjoyed their vacation in Andorra! It is always nice to get away and see off the beaten path places like this for yourself - even if it was a long time ago!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2006 at 6:33 PM

I received a postcard from Andorra. Now I know I have been to Andorra virtually. Thanks for sharing your trip. It's great. Cheers, SL

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2006 at 10:03 AM

A very seasonal page Matt = I see the snow arrived in Poland today!!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2006 at 9:02 PM

fantastic intro shot Matt..great infos to boot...and yes you should pack and come to NZ, we have great scenery too :-) cheers Wal

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Pas de la Casa

Have you been to Pas de la Casa?

Latest Activity in Pas de la Casa