"Look at my Ceuta travelogues too see more" Ceuta by matcrazy1

Ceuta Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 207 photos

If you want to see Ceuta you must walk around the enclave (it takes more then half a day) and visit Mount Hacho.

Ceuta is small Spanish enclave in North Africa just opposite Gibraltar. It is surrounded from north, east and south by the Mediterranean Sea. On the west there is border crossing point to Morocco.

Ceuta is known mainly as the entry point to Morocco and as a tax free zone. The prices here (cigarettes, audio-video-telephone equipment) are real lower then in continental Spain. But not this attracted me so much.

The best thing in Ceuta is wonderful location - beautiful views and exotic flora with cactuses makes this place unforgettable.

Go to my travelogue and explore it. Welcome!

• Last visit to Ceuta: Oct 1998
  • Intro Written Sep 9, 2002

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I see it's a tiny, but attractive destination! You were lucky to visit it! Good for you, Matt!)

• Aug 2, 2007 at 11:31 AM

the spanish took it away ceuta from the portuguese.thieves

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2007 at 9:49 AM

Not many people are aware that Spain has enclaves on the coast of North Africa. Great that you were able to go there.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Matt, interesting little page about this Spanish exclave. I have at least seen Ceuta from the rock of Gibraltar. :-)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2006 at 2:16 AM

Nice photos in your travelogues. When I went to Ceuta I entered from Morocco. (That was 44 years ago, and I don't really remember much about it.)

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2006 at 2:42 PM

I wasn't a fan of Tangier, Ceuta looks a better place to enter Morocco.

• spanishguy's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2006 at 12:46 AM

Hi Maciek! It's a very comprehensive page about Ceuta! Manuel (Hosell) spoke me very well about your pages and I see it was true. I'll visit them little by little. Greetings from Seville!!!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2005 at 7:44 AM

Ceuta is one of those odd places that should not be ! Gibraltar, Ceuta, Monaco and a few others ! I don't forget Hong Kong !

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2005 at 9:07 AM

great photos Matt!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2005 at 3:32 PM

Nice views of the coast! Ceuta is a place I have always wondered about - stuck as it is all by itself on the edge of Africa! Thanks for the tips.

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Ceuta