"History, food and famous citizens" Parma by matcrazy1
Parma Travel Guide: 254 reviews and 741 photos
Parma has 170.000 inhabitants. It is situated in Emilia Romagna, half-way between Milan to Bologna.
I was there twice but both times only a few hours.
And I can say that its historic center with architecture masterpiecies is very interesting although not so impressive as in Florence or Rome but it's not over-crowded hehe.
Parma is famous as the capital food centre of Italy, for its unimitable products and in particular for its Prosciutto of Parma (Parma ham), cured pork meats and its famous Parmesan Cheese.
California has Silicon Valley and Parma maybe called Food Valley, am I wrong?
There must be something magic in Parma (like in Krakow in Poland hehe) as there are many famous people born and living there in the past and nowadays.
Just my two favourites:
In the past:
- Giuseppe Verdi (1813 - 1901) - genious opera music composer. I like most La Traviata ("Drinking Song"), Aida, Nabucco ("Slave Chorus") and Rigoletto with the most famous "La Donna e mobile."
Listen to samples of Giuseppe Verdi music:
Don't you like it?
- Bernardo Bertolucci (born 1941) - film director, his movie "The Last Emperor" won 9 Academy Awards in 1987;
- 10 VT-ers, shouldn't be Bertolucci 11th? He? :-)))
MORE on Parma:
Guide to the City and Province of Parma
HAPPY TRAVELS :-)))
- Pros:Architecture, food products, AC Parma football team
- Cons:Rather ugly vinicities
- In a nutshell:History, food and famous citizens
Don't forget to buy a good map of Parma (if you are driving there) and a guide. You can do it in Parma - I found... more travel advice
. Duomo (cathedral) is a must see in Parma. Its facade stands in Piazza del Duomo (Cathedral Square). The duomo is one... more travel advice
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Parma Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A real parmigiana"
- "Ham? Cheese? Violets?"
- "P A R M A"
- "Henrik's Parma page"
- "Parma - small clubs can still win big titles"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parma
- Hotels in Parma
- Transportation in Parma
- Nightlife in Parma
- Restaurants in Parma
- Shopping in Parma
- Warnings and Dangers in Parma
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parma
- 19 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 79 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Parma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parma
Photos in ParmaSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (394)
Latest Parma hotel reviews
- Hotel Stendhal
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Lazzaro Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 28, 2004
- Palazzo Dalla Rosa Prati
- 168 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Hotel Parma And Congressi
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Starhotel du Parc Parma
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 31, 2013
- Hotel Verdi
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 28, 2013
- Park Toscanini
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Hotel Palace Maria Luigia
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 6, 2013
- Hotel Torino
- 168 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Forum Hotel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013