Valeggio sul Mincio Transportation Tips by matcrazy1 Top 5 Page for this destination
Valeggio sul Mincio Transportation: 39 reviews and 38 photos
BRAVE MATCRAZY0 ONBOARD :-)
Before you start to look for cheap air fares keep in mind that:
1. low cost airlines sometimes go bancrupt; well, next airlines are founded each year; the oldest and best known low-cost airlines in Europe are EasyJet and Rynair; I suggest to check first up-to-date low-cost airlines in European Budget Airlines (Europe only) and in LowCostAirlines.org (worldwide).
2. the cheapest tickets are for mid week flights. They are almost non-existent at Holiday periods such as Easter.
3. the cheapest tickets are mainly sold on a first come, first served basis. You will need to look for tickets as soon as they are released. Get on the mailing lists for the airlines.
4. tickets are always electronic, there are no meals onboard, no frequent fliers programs and the airports are often far from city
5. your final air fare (with airport taxes) is higher than that one seen in advertisements
6. check exactly which airport you fly to, the low cost airlines advertise flights to Bratislava, Slovakia as to Wien, Austria or they say Milan instead of Bergamo.
7. Some non low cost airlines (more and more) offer good discounts as well, in Europe for sure British Airways, KLM and Air France.
SEARCHING FOR GOOD DEAL
Looking for good air-fare I used to check first four multi-search engines:
1. WhichBudget.com - great portal and Europe's largest directory of budget airlines in 16 languages :-)
2. Openjet.com - virtual airline when I can compare, combine and book low-cost tickets with the low-cost airlines (in Europe only)
3. SearchLowestFares.com - multi search engine which gives quite good results
4. Virtual Tourist sponsored links and search for flight tool (click on "Flight" above on this page, please).
Good luck :-)
IN A PLANE
There are the following airports covered by low cost airlines in northern Italy (in order of distance to Verona):
1. 12 km - Verona - Valerio Catullo Airport (VRN)
2. 52 km - Brescia - Aeroporto Gabriele D'Annunzio (VBS)
3. 100 km - Bergamo - Orio Al Serio Airport (BGY)
4. 110 km - Venice - Aeroporto Marco Polo (VCE)
5. 110 km - Treviso - San Angelo Airport (TSF)
6. 130 km - Bologna - G Marconi Airport (BLQ)
7. 170 km - Milan - Linate Airport (LIN)
8. 240 km - Trieste - Aeroporto Friuli Venezia Giulia (TRS)
9. 280 km - Pisa International Airport (PSA)
10. 280 km - Genoa C. Colombo Airport (GOA)
11. 300 km - Turin International Airport (TRN)
If you are going to join VT meeting in Valeggio sul Mincio try to arrive to the first three (eventually 5) airports.
AT BRESCIA AIRPORT
The second closest airport (after Villafranca) is located 20 km southeast of Brescia center and called usually Brescia Airport by locals.
I picked up Anne (Xemx from Attard, Malta) from Cacciatore hotel in Valeggio sul Mincio to this airport on Monday morning, 9 May, 2005. It took approx. 1 hour to get there. I was a bit nervous not to be too late as this airport was not marked on my new (really ?) road atlas of Italy. From Brescia Est exit on A-4 freeway/motorway (Milano - Venice) I followed "Aeroporto" direction signs which lead me to tiny, quite new airport.
The Brescia airport is sometimes called... Verona airport (especially on webpages) although it's located 52 km west of Verona. The official name of the airport is Aeroporto Gabriele D'Annunzio and it's always marked by VBS.
AT VILLAFRANCA AIRPORT
I picked up Maria ( Mariajoy from East Sussex, United Kingdom) from hotel Cacciatore in Valeggio to Villafranca Airport which took approx. 30 min.
- the airport is located NOT in Villafranca but a bit north of Villafranca, closer to Verona, just west of highway SS-62 from Verona to Mantova;
- the airport is usually called just Villafranca Airport by locals although it's officially named Aeroporto Valerio Catullo. It's sometimes called (in webpages, abbrevation: VRN) Verona Airport or Aeroporto di Verona-Villafranca (name used in my road atlas of Italy).
Phone: 045 809 56 66
BRITISH AIRWAYS AIRPLANE IN WARSAW (WAW)
LOW COST FLIGHTS FROM:
Brussels Charleroi (CRL) to Treviso (TSF) by Ryanair
Brussels Int. Airport (BRU) to Milan Linate (LIN) by Virgin Express
Paris Beauvais (BVA) to Treviso (TSF) by Ryanair
Paris Orly (ORY) to Pisa (PSA) or Milan Linate (LIN) by EasyJet
Dusseldorf (DUS) and Berlin Tegel (TXL) to Bergamo (BGY) by Airberlin
Cologne/Bonn (CGN) to Verona (VRN) by Germanwings
Frankfurt Hahn (HHN) to Treviso (TSF) by Ryanair
Berlin Schonefeld (SXF) to Pisa (PSA) or Milan Linate (LIN) by Easyjet
Berlin Tegel (TXL), Hamburg (HAM), Hanover (HAJ), Cologne/Bonn (CGN) and Stuttgart (STR) to Venice (VCE) or to Pisa (PSA, except from Hamburg) by Hapag Lloyd Express
Budapest (BUD) to Venice (VCE) or Bergamo (BGY) by SkyEurope
Amsterdam Schiphol (AMS) to Milan Linate (LIN) by Virgin Express
Amsterdam Schiphol (AMS) to Pisa (PSA), Treviso (TSF), Bergamo (BGY), Genoa (GOA) or Verona (VRN) by Transavia.
To be continued in the next tip.
BUON VIAGGIO :-)
Krakow (KRK) and Warsaw (WAW) to Bergamo (BGY) by SkyEurope
Bucharet Baneasa (BBU) to Bergamo (BGY) by Blue Air
Bratislava (BTS) to Venice (VCE) or Bergamo (BGY) by SkyEurope
Girona - Barcelona (GRO) to Treviso (TSF) by Ryanair
FROM UNITED KINGDOM
London Stansted (STN) to Verona (VBS), Trieste (TRS), Torino (TRN), by Ryanair
London Stansted (STN), Luton (LTN) and Liverpool (LPL) to Treviso (TSF) by Ryanair
Bristol (BRS), London Gatwick (LGW) and Nottingham East Midlands (EMA) to Venice (VCE) by EasyJet
Lomdon Gatwick (LGW) to Milan Linate (LIN) by EasyJet
London Stansted (STN) to Bologna (BLQ) by Easyjet
Coventry (CVT) to Venice (VCE) or Pisa (PSA) by Thomsonfly
Bournemouth (BOH) or Doncaster Sheffield (DSA) to Pisa (PSA) by Thomsonfly.
BUON VIAGGIO :-)
Example cheap air fares (total prices with all taxes included; R/T per person around the time of the VT-meeting = 6-8 May 2005):
Brussels (CRL) --> Treviso (TSF) by Ryanair: 78.68 ?
Paris (BVA) --> Treviso (TSF) by Ryanair: 50.32 ?
Frankfurt Hahn (HHN) to Treviso (TSF) by Ryanair: 68.38 ?
Budapest (BUD) to Bergamo (BGY) by SkyEurope: 13,058.65 HUF (52.85 ?)
Amsterdam (AMS) to Verona (VRN) by Transavia: 122.88 ?
Krakow (KRK) to Bergamo (BGY) by SkyEurope: 195 PLN (46.17 ?)
Bratislava (BTS) to Bergamo (BGY) by SkyEurope: 1855,39 SKK (46.94 ?)
Girona - Barcelona (GRO) to Treviso (TSF) by Ryanair: 68.47 ?
London Gatwick (LGW) to Venice (VCE) by EasyJet: 30.98 GBP (45.88 ?)
Coventry (CVT) to Venice (VCE) by Thomsonfly: 53.23 GBP
New York City (JFK) ---> Verona (VRN) US$610.05 by Alitalia.
Buon Viaggio :-).
P.S. From Sara (Sarita76) from Rome:
Add my Ryanair Rome - Brescia flight for only 26,00 Euro, 3 hours delay included :-). Haha, thank you, Sara!
ALITALIA - ITALIAN AIRLINES :-)
FLIGHTS FROM OVERSEAS
Most flights arrive to either Milan Malpensa Airport (MXP) or Rome (usually Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport - FCO, rarely Ciampino Airport - CIA).
It's easier to get to Verona from Rome than from Milan (there are no cheap flights from Milan to Verona or close to Verona). From Rome (both FCO and CIA) search for cheap flights using WhichBudget.com. Fly from CIA to either Brescia (VBS) or Treviso (TSF) with Ryanair or from FCO to Verona (VRN) with Meridiana.
Three steps to find a good deal online:
1. Search for low cost airlines covering flights from your area to Europe at LowCostAirlines.org and if there are any check them (try find flights to European airports from which there are cheap flights to Verona (VRN) and nearby airports mentioned in previous tips).
2. Continue searching for low cost flights within Europe at WhichBudget.com and Openjet.com
3. Compare the final price with the ones at:
- Virtual Tourist sponsored links and search for flight tool (click on "Flight" above on this page, please).
Another option is to ask your travel agent and/or call and ask your airline (especially if you are a member of frequent flier program).
Buon viaggio :-)
MY SMALL DARK GREEN TRANSPORTATION :-)
Valeggio sul Mincio is located 25 km southwest of Verona - map here. Look at Ristorante Al Cacciatore where main VT-meeting hotel (l'albergo) Al Cacciatore is located.
Being from crazy (barbarian, Eastern, great, wild, secret, fantastic - choose what you want) Eastern Europe (Poland) I didn't go to the meeting by cheap airlines. They went from my part of Poland exclusively to Germany and London, UK which made them unusuful for me (not that cheap and not that fast). Well, there were to Bergamo, Italy as well but...
I drove from Tychy, Poland to Valeggio sul Mincio (1121 km one way) this small, dark green Toyota Yaris of matcrazy0. I, as usual drove zig-zag. so I did over 3,000 km :-). It's for sure more tiring but much more interesting as well, right?
I drove to Italy through Czech Republic (Cesky Tesin - Olomouc - Brno - Mikulov) and Austria (Drasenhofen - Wien - Graz - Klagenfurt - Villach - Tarvisio).
On the way, in northern Italy, I visited Venzone (again!), Gemona di Friuli, Pordenone, Castelfranco Veneto, Cittadella (sleeping there), Montecchio, Lonigo, Cologna Veneta, Montagnana and Soave.
During my stay in Vallegio sul Mincio I took day trips around the Garda Lake and visited Salo, Gardone Riviera, Peschiera del Garda, Toscolano-Maderno, Riva, Nago-Torbole and Malcesine. On the first day of VT-meeting I took loop drive around mountains west and north of Garda Lake and visited Valvestiono Lake, mountain village of Magasa, Valvestino, Idro, Ampola and Ledro Lake. Well, I was almost late to the VT-meeting... Haha, the mountain drive was amazing!
On the last day, after the meeting I visited (again) Verona and drove back Poland through Slovenia visiting Celje (sleeping there), Austria (visiting Poysdorf) and Czech Republic.
11 May at 7.30 am I was back at work :-((( and... :-).
Type: Car/Motor Home
WATCH FOR THIS SMALL CAR
For those who are going to drive a car to Valeggio sul Mincio.
RANDOM DISTANCES FROM ABROAD:
San Marino, 270 km
Ljubljana, Slovenia - 380 km
Munich, Germany - 430 km
Geneve, Switzerland - 460 km
Zagreb, Croatia - 510 km
Wien, Austria - 740 km
Prague, Czech Republic - 820 km
Paris, France - 990 km
Berlin, Germany - 1020 km
Budapest, Hungary - 1020 km
Brussels, Belgium - 1050 km
Barcelona, Spain - 1110 km
Tychy, Poland - 1120 km
Krakow, Poland - 1200 km
Amsterdam, The Netherlands - 1220 km
London, UK - 1360 km
Bucharest, Romania - 1520 km
Madrid, Spain - 1700 km
Lisbon, Portugal - 2330 km
Moscow, Russia - 2660 km
Vorkuta, Russia - 4880 km :-)))
Villafranca di Verona - 10 km
Lake Garda (Peschiero del Garda) - 13 km
Mantova - 25 km
Verona - 30 km
Brescia - 60 km
Vicenza - 90 km
Modena - 95 km
Bergamo - 100 km
Padova - 120 km
Parma - 135 km
Bologna - 140 km
Venice - 150 km
Milan - 160 km
Ferrara - 180 km
Florence - 230 km
La Spezia - 260 km
Genoa - 270 km
Rome - 500 km
Palermo - 1410 km
Buon viaggio :-)
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (727)
- See All Brescia Airport and Anne :-)
- See All Main course for the next visit
- See All Two windows
- See All Don't they like French language?
- See All At close distance!
- See All Flowers of Valeggio
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Valeggio sul Mincio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Great meeting in charming little town :-)"
- "Valeggio sul Mincio"
- "Greetings from Valeggio - Euro Meet 2005"
- "EUROMEET2005 - THE BEST EVER"
- "Valeggio sul Mincio/Valès sul Mèns"
- "First European VT meeting !"
- "Only Crazy people attended..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valeggio sul Mincio
- Hotels in Valeggio sul Mincio
- Transportation in Valeggio sul Mincio
- Nightlife in Valeggio sul Mincio
- Restaurants in Valeggio sul Mincio
- Shopping in Valeggio sul Mincio
- Warnings and Dangers in Valeggio sul Mincio
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valeggio sul Mincio
- 751 Reviews
- 795 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 95 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Valeggio sul Mincio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valeggio sul Mincio
- updated a Valeggio sul Mincio Travel Page "Great meeting in charming little town :-)"
- Posted in Travel Germany Forum "Re: What to visit (for 2-3 hours)..."
- Commented on one of Mariajoy's Valeggio sul Mincio travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Holger and Maria :-)"
- Wrote a Review Brescia Airport in Valeggio sul Mincio Transportation
Photos in Valeggio sul MincioSee All Photos (795)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues