"Great meeting in charming little town :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio by matcrazy1

Valeggio sul Mincio Travel Guide: 573 reviews and 1,753 photos

Charming little town :-)

Warning:
You just entered real MONSTER page which consists of the two basic parts:

1. on the town itself,

2. on VT-ers and the first European official VT-meeting which took place in Valeggio on 6 - 8 May, 2005:
travelogues + General Tips, often with short or no text - part put up for fellow VT-animals due to lack of enough space in travelogues.

Vallegio sul Mincio is a tiny, peaceful and very charming town located among numerous vineyards on a little bit hilly green fields of the Mincio Valley, very close to top attractions: the Garda Lake, city of Verona and Mantova.

This area of northern Italy is famous for wines and Valeggio itself is famous for "Tortellini di Valeggio". The town has many surprisingly good restaurants and a few attractions to visit, not to mention small, hidden little pearls to discover. Although Vallegio was not marked in yellow (interesting point) in my road atlas of Italy I found it interesting place to visit . And it was perfect base location for VT-meeting, more peaceful and less expensive than nearby Verona for sure.

The best VT-meet ever :-)

The first European official Virtual Tourist meeting or better say a few meetings took place in Valeggio sul Mincio, Verona and Sommacampagna on 6th - 8th May. Step by step I will put many of pictures on these pages.

My lovely wife Urszula (matcrazy0) and I are very, very lucky to be there and to meet many, many (over 60) fantastic, very interesting, hospitable and wonderful VT-ers :-). Even if I was not able to chat with everyone we enjoyed our time a lot, had tons of good laugh, tasted great food, wine, beer, enjoyed dance etc. etc. Simply... I will become VT-meeting animal soon, I think.

As I had 9 days at all and I drove a car from Poland through Czech Republic and Austria, I surely did a lot of sightseeing in northern Italy and additionaly a little bit in Slovenia and Austria on the way back home.

You can always look at Official webpage of Valeggio sul Mincio in English, German and Italian.

Top 10 impressions

6. great sightseeing around
7. warm and mostly sunny weather
8. some shopping (gifts)
9. sadness at the end... a lot of work after many days off haha
10. thousands of pictures to see, tenths e-mails to reply and read now :-)

• Pros:Great bunch of VT-ers on VT-meeting! Great local wines and local Italian food including delicious "Tortellini di Valeggio", great choice of restaurants, very old castle, church, famous gardens, beautiful location of Borghetto over Mincio river.
  • Cons:Read my tourist trap tip, please!
  • In a nutshell:Let's meet in Valeggio sul Mincio :-)
  • Last visit to Valeggio sul Mincio: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 30, 2013

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2011 at 11:31 AM

All right, Matt, see you in Valeggio in 2043! :-) That's settled!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2010 at 3:32 AM

Mammoth page I will have to take my time to wade through, so far good and interesting.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2009 at 6:16 PM

looks an interesting place to visit - some stunning buildings to get photos of!

• Feb 25, 2008 at 6:04 AM

Great page, pictures and information. volopolo

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2007 at 9:45 AM

Great page, Matt! I'll have to return to the MONSTER another time--Valeggio sul Mincio looks like a beautiful destination!!

• filipdebont's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 3:09 PM

Impressive page - it must be a great experience to participate such a big Vt-meeting - who knows may be one day . . .

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2007 at 2:03 PM

Like yr top 10 list. The new job as bar tender fitts you (lol) Greetz from Belgica

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2006 at 4:19 AM

I hate to say it, but, I had never even heard of Valeggio before I saw your page. what a great job you did on it!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2006 at 11:11 AM

Looks like you went bananas over Valeggio! I do wish you hadn't published that picture of the VT shirt (so called). Very distracting. 810 pics is just a few too many, but thanks for showing us the real Giampiero

• zrim's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2006 at 11:15 AM

What a cast of characters!

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Valeggio sul Mincio

Have you been to Valeggio sul Mincio?

Latest Activity in Valeggio sul Mincio