"12 nights in Agadir :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir by matcrazy1
Agadir Travel Guide: 251 reviews and 741 photos
Agadir is the only, by international standarts, Atlantic resort in Morocco. I enjoyed either a beach, water sports, shopping, eating, sunshine and... fogs + desert storms on the beach haha (details in my tourist traps tips).
Agadir looks more like European, full of tourists resort than Moroccan, exotic place. The magic and exotic is rather the name "Agadir" than the place itself. But I was looking for exactly such a place after almost two weeks of traveling here and there in Morocco. Agadir where I stayed 12 nights is ideal base for one-day road trips to wonderful Antiatlas Mountains and other places.
Agadir is very different from any other city in Morocco in my opinion. The city was complitely destroyed by tragic earthquake in 1961 that killed 15,000 inhabitants. Moroccan government decided to build the completely new, modern city or better to say tourist resort. The main attraction of Agadir is 8 km (5 mi) long sandy beach.
Agadir is a favourite tourist destination - most package tours to Morocco contain a few days relax in Agadir. So it is no wonder that Agadir offers what thousands of tourist need. In contrast to typical Moroccan city streets are wide and straight, houses low, hotels placed between the beach and the city very clean and equipped with all needed facilities. You can choose from luxury hotels with all facilities located near the ocean to cheap hotels and pensions near CTM bus station.
- Pros:Long and broad sandy beach, sandy storms, fogs :-)
- Cons:Crowded even in October, sandy storms, fogs
- In a nutshell:Great beach and nice nightlife
Poverty is a serious problem all over Morocco but not seen in Agadir, especially on and close to a beach full of foreign... more travel advice
Take at least one full day trip by own or hired car and drive or buy a tour to wonderful Antiatlas Mountains with city... more travel advice
- Try local restaurants and couscous
- Local craft and souvenirs
- By car, own or hired
- See All Theft :-(
- See All Beach chair and umbrella cost a lot!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Agadir Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "AGADIR - MORE THAN JUST A PACKAGE TOUR CITY!"
- "12 nights in Agadir :-)"
- "christmas in morocco"
- "~ One Week in Agadir ~"
- "The Charm of Agadir"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Agadir
- Hotels in Agadir
- Transportation in Agadir
- Nightlife in Agadir
- Restaurants in Agadir
- Shopping in Agadir
- Warnings and Dangers in Agadir
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Agadir
- 21 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Agadir?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Agadir
- Posted in Travel Germany Forum "Re: What to visit (for 2-3 hours)..."
- updated a Agadir Travel Page "12 nights in Agadir :-)"
- Wrote a Review No poverty on the beach but... in Agadir Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Road to Immouzzer des ida Outanane"
- Commented on one of sachara's Agadir travel pages
Photos in AgadirSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues