"Don't ask me if pigs fly in Morocco :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Essaouira by matcrazy1

Essaouira Travel Guide: 526 reviews and 1,454 photos

Goats climbing up a tree

Look at goats climbing up the tree near Essaouira. You can see it only in Morocco. Unforgettable. And please don't ask me if pigs fly in Morocoo :-).

Essaouira looked somewhat magic for me in 1998 when I came there. It was great experience to look at the ramparts, tall white houses, yellow details and blue doors. I could walk the narrow streets of Medina over and over again.

Essaouira had a nice little collection of beautiful, exotic for me places. None impressive to be honest but interesting. It's the walled white town with the ramparts and the blue Atlantic harbour. Add the streets of craftsmen working behind open doors.

• Pros:Goats on argan trees, tall white houses and blue doors
  • Cons:No public beach with usual facilities
  • In a nutshell:Don't ask me if pigs fly in Morocoo :-)
  • Last visit to Essaouira: Oct 1998
  • Intro Updated Jun 27, 2005

• canata's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Enjoyed your beautiful pictures and informative text, but please tell me this: Do pigs fly in Morocco?

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Thanks for the nice visits to this area. The picture and comments were very nice to depict the style and culture here

• MITNIC's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2008 at 4:03 PM

very informative page with good photos. End of Virtual trip for me, tomorow I will be there... folowing some Vters advices.

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2007 at 11:00 PM

Thanks for the good tips of Essaouira. I missed reading your usual hotel tips though. Were there no hotels worthy of mention (for price)?

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2007 at 5:49 AM

Essaouira did seem like an exotic destination--the white washed buildings, street bazaars and shrewd vendors. The tree climbing goats were amazing, too!!! I'd really like to see that!

• Gatopardo's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2007 at 10:21 AM

Do you know that there's still people who cannot tell between a donkey and a mule?

• Feb 20, 2007 at 2:50 PM

This is b.s. It is NOT a sin to take a photo of a Muslim women. Some just don't like it.

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2007 at 12:48 AM

Great descriptions of Essaouira. I really liked this city, it felt very different to the rest of Morocco. Cool picture of the climbing goats too!

• filipdebont's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2007 at 9:11 AM

Interesting page - haha I've never heard on climbing goats, in Kenya they have tree climbing lions

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2007 at 10:00 PM

Interesting place to visit! The image of the goat climbing the tree is very picturesque. Thanks also for all the interesting information.

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Essaouira

Have you been to Essaouira?