"Relaxing atmosphere of Larache" Larache by matcrazy1

Larache Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 120 photos

The medina

Larache is a summer Atlantic resort very popular among Moroccans, I was told. I found a lot of Spanish influences from the period of colonisation in Larache's medina. Add whitewashed houses, blue doors, close connection to the sea, and long beaches.

I enjoyed relaxed atmosphere of Larache. The city was less conservative than others in Morocco, women were rarely veiled, there was lower difference between the genders. And shopping there was a great fun.

Finally, Larache is a perfect base for visiting nearby (5 km = 3 mi) ruins of ancient Roman city of Lixus.

• Pros:Relaxing atmosphere, shopping, nearby Roman ruins of Lixus
  • Cons:Dirty beach
  • In a nutshell:Enjoy your life in relaxing atmosphere of Larache
  • Last visit to Larache: Sep 1998
  • Intro Updated Jul 6, 2005

• PierreZA's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2009 at 3:30 AM

Very nice page - your shopping tips are especially helpful.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2007 at 12:28 AM

Sounds nice to walk around in the Medina and do some shopping! It is too bad there are so much garbage along the beautiful cliffed coast!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2007 at 9:23 AM

I've never hear of Larache before. Thanks for the information and pictures.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2007 at 11:35 PM

Thanks for showing me this off the beaten path town!

• filipdebont's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2007 at 9:15 AM

Inspiring page - great shopping tips

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2007 at 4:54 AM

Beautiful buildings and churches, interesting shopping, if you have the patients. Mentha tea sounds good but not as a replacement for Vodka. Great page, Matt

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2007 at 11:05 AM

Hi Matt, lovely Larache page. I can't remember I have ever been there during my visits to Morocco. Bargaining.... I learned to bargain like a Berber the local people said, haha.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2007 at 11:19 AM

Enjoyed the virtual tour of Larache very much. Great pottery, looking at your photos, I felt I wanted to buy all those pots. Pity about the cliff being used as a rubbish tip.

• Siddha3th's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2006 at 11:42 PM

I enjoy being swept into someplace unknown and off-the-radar... thanks for these photographs and impressions, Matt. Morocco grows larger on me by the day... :)

• l_joo's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2006 at 12:37 AM

Interesting tips

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Larache

Have you been to Larache?

Latest Activity in Larache