"Where time stopped long time ago :-)" Sale by matcrazy1
Sale Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 104 photos
Sale is a twin city to Rabat, the capital of Morocco. The two cities are seperated by the Atlantic mouth of quite large river (Ouled Bou Regreg). I spent a few hours walking around the medina of Sale just before arriving to Rabat. I was welcomed by huge and well maintained city walls and gates. Well, it was nothing unique in Morocco.
Although this old town (Sala Colonia) doesn't offer any unique or impressive architecture it's my recommendation to visit it. The first reason is that there are very few visitors to Sale. At least I didn't meet any.
I've found the medina of Sale completely different than busy, crowded, noicy, fast growing and changing Rabat, just across a river. Instead I've found the white lazy city with some muslim conservative touch: local guys dressed in traditional jellabia, no women except mothers walking with a group of small kids to/from a school, almost no cars - just lazy, hot peace and quite.
- Pros:Peace and quiet, local conservative lifestyle, medersa and Muslim cemetery
- Cons:Few interesting architecture, Grand Mosque closed for non-muslims, hot for me :-)
- In a nutshell:Go back in time in Sale :-)
Walking off the beaten path along narrow streets of the medina I've found some signs of conservative, muslim lifestyle... more travel advice
We, Urszula (my wife = matcrazy0) and I, had the first really hot and sunny day in Morocco just in Sale. I surely... more travel advice
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Sale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rabat or Salé"
- "Where time stopped long time ago :-)"
- "Sale' - Morocco"
- "La beba in Salé"
- "sala wi la"
- "Sale 2011"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sale
- Transportation in Sale
- Shopping in Sale
- Warnings and Dangers in Sale
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sale
- 17 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Sale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sale
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues