"TRAVELING IS MY LIFESTYLE!" matcrazy1's Profile

POSTCARDS :-)))

Would you like to receive a postcard from Poland?
Click here, please!

Pope John Paul II

"Freedom is not simply the absence of tyranny or oppression nor is freedom a license to do whatever we like. Freedom is ordered to the truth, and is fulfilled in man's quest for the truth and living in the truth."
John Paul II

Pope John Paul II born in Wadowice, Poland in 1920, died today at 9.37 pm in Vatican. Sadness...
02 April 2005.

Although I am not crazy about religion, any religion, it's far more than the simple fact for me, it's also a lot of emotions. After death of John Paul II I wanted to go to his funeral but I had to stay at work. Instead I visited four times Krakow (JPII was bishop there), Wadowice (birthplace) and small village off the beaten path called Niegowic (he was a priest there in 1948-1949).

Step by step I am trying to put up my personal albums below, travelogues on the above mentioned pages as well as on my hometown Tychy and Poland page. I want to show you spirit of Poland in these unusual days and share some of my pictures, my thoughts and reflections and pay tribute to the great man who taught millions in 122 countries, he visited, what tolerance to other people and religion is, what is freedom and human dignity. Enough to said.

My larger VT-meetings

Larger VT-meetings I participated:
Oceanside, California, USA; 12 April 2003
Krakow, Poland; 9 October 2003
Arlington, Virginia, USA; 15 October 2004
Washington D.C., USA; 16 October 2004
Valeggio sul Mincio, Italy; 6 - 8 May, 2005; the first official European VT-meeting :-)
Warsaw, Poland; 20 - 22 January, 2006
Karlsruhe, Germany; 30 May - 1 June, 2008; the forth official European VT-meeting :-)
Chicago, Illinois, USA; 19 and 20 July, 2008
Kodiak, Alaska, USA; 28-30 July, 2008
Cascais, Portugal; 29 -31 May, 2009; the fifth official European VT-meeting :-)
Krakow, Poland; 28 -30 May, 2010; the sixth official European VT-meeting :-)
Ohrid and Bitola, Macedonia; 27 -30 May, 2011; the seventh official European VT-meeting :-)
Bergamo, Italy; 1 -3 June, 2012; the eighth official European VT-meeting :-)
Sibiu, Romania; 21 - 23 June, 2013; the ninth official European VT-meeting :-).

• Intro Updated Jul 30, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
matcrazy1's Profile Photo

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Real Name