"TRAVELING IS MY LIFESTYLE!" matcrazy1's Profile
Would you like to receive a postcard from Poland?
Click here, please!
Thank you very, very much :-)))
"Freedom is not simply the absence of tyranny or oppression nor is freedom a license to do whatever we like. Freedom is ordered to the truth, and is fulfilled in man's quest for the truth and living in the truth."
John Paul II
Pope John Paul II born in Wadowice, Poland in 1920, died today at 9.37 pm in Vatican. Sadness...
02 April 2005.
Although I am not crazy about religion, any religion, it's far more than the simple fact for me, it's also a lot of emotions. After death of John Paul II I wanted to go to his funeral but I had to stay at work. Instead I visited four times Krakow (JPII was bishop there), Wadowice (birthplace) and small village off the beaten path called Niegowic (he was a priest there in 1948-1949).
Step by step I am trying to put up my personal albums below, travelogues on the above mentioned pages as well as on my hometown Tychy and Poland page. I want to show you spirit of Poland in these unusual days and share some of my pictures, my thoughts and reflections and pay tribute to the great man who taught millions in 122 countries, he visited, what tolerance to other people and religion is, what is freedom and human dignity. Enough to said.
My newest completed pages are:
El Paso, Texas, USA
Bisbee, Arizona, USA
Tombstone, Arizona, USA
Tubac, Arizona, USA
Asheville, North Carolina, USA
Pas de la Casa, Andorra
Andorra la Vella, Andorra
Fairfax, Virginia, USA
Pulaski, Virginia, USA
Natural Bridge, Virginia, USA
Shenandoah National Park, Virginia, USA
Luray, Virginia, USA
New Market, Virginia, USA
Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA
Staunton, Virginia, USA
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Georgetown, Washington, D.C., USA
Washington, D.C., USA
United States Navy Memorial, Washington, D.C., USA
Cleveland Park; Washington, DC; USA
Larger VT-meetings I participated:
Oceanside, California, USA; 12 April 2003
Krakow, Poland; 9 October 2003
Arlington, Virginia, USA; 15 October 2004
Washington D.C., USA; 16 October 2004
Valeggio sul Mincio, Italy; 6 - 8 May, 2005; the first official European VT-meeting :-)
Warsaw, Poland; 20 - 22 January, 2006
Karlsruhe, Germany; 30 May - 1 June, 2008; the forth official European VT-meeting :-)
Chicago, Illinois, USA; 19 and 20 July, 2008
Kodiak, Alaska, USA; 28-30 July, 2008
Cascais, Portugal; 29 -31 May, 2009; the fifth official European VT-meeting :-)
Krakow, Poland; 28 -30 May, 2010; the sixth official European VT-meeting :-)
Ohrid and Bitola, Macedonia; 27 -30 May, 2011; the seventh official European VT-meeting :-)
Bergamo, Italy; 1 -3 June, 2012; the eighth official European VT-meeting :-)
Sibiu, Romania; 21 - 23 June, 2013; the ninth official European VT-meeting :-).
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 8,368 Reviews
- 18,324 Photos
- 33 Countries
- 142 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
- Commented on VTMeet-2015's profile page
- matcrazy1 and MacyJae are now friends.
- updated a Valeggio sul Mincio Travel Page "Great meeting in charming little town :-)"
updated their Profile Page "TRAVELING IS MY LIFESTYLE!"
- Posted in Travel Riga Forum "Re: Pre-Euromeet 2014 Riga"
- Uploaded a Photo to "1-2 June - just after official Euromeet in Krakow "
- Uploaded a Video to Himare
- Wrote a Review 3-star, family run hidden gem of... in Krakow Hotels
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues