"Margate - by the sea!" Top 5 Page for this destination Margate by bumpychick

Margate Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 103 photos

A seaside town

I really like living in Margate! It doesn't have a great reputation but bits of it are great! There's a wonderful view out to sea, across the harbour and we have the occassional beautiful sunset. It's quite warm for England, although we very rarely get snow because of that fact. There are some reasonable shops, lots of good pubs, and some cheap restaurants that serve good food. There's also some lovely walks along the coast (if you go to the right bit!)

The surrounding area

If you visit Margate for more than a day or so, you might find time to visit Broadstairs and Ramsgate as well. Fellow VTers haven't got much to say about these great towns, so I will be writing my own pages soon. I've made a very brief start on Broadstairs in response to a couple of inaccurate tips I read recently! Check it out as I build it.
My Broadstairs page

• Intro Updated Sep 25, 2010

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2007 at 11:49 PM

Can't say I recognise any of the places you mention, except sand and cliffs. last there in about 1950when y uncle still lived there. I'd love to see the shell cave.

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2007 at 4:16 AM

Wish everysunset of yours finds a better and happier sunrise. I do like these tips and pics (~_~)

• Patgarrett's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2006 at 6:23 AM

I hope i will find a good time in margate. I will go there for a month to study English so I saw your tip. I like the sea so this is a positive first impression. Thank you for your nice presentation. Claudio

• benazer's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2006 at 5:22 AM

I love margate,lets see more pictures please. Hope you can come to our VT meeting there soon. Happy travells.

bumpychick Lives Here!

bumpychick

“I would like to spend my whole life travelling, if I could borrow another life to spend at home.”

Badges & Stats in Margate

Have you been to Margate?

Latest Activity in Margate