"Antananarivo - 'Tana' to you." Antananarivo by bumpychick
Antananarivo Travel Guide: 192 reviews and 470 photos
Compared to the rest of Madagascar, Tana is like a different world. It isn't quite a 'cosmopolitan' city yet, but is buzzing, bustling and relatively unspoilt. Although spreading over a large area, it is quite simple to get a good overview of Tana by walking around the main market area and along the road that heads towards the station.
There are lots of people, walking, sitting about and going about their daily business - also very few Westerners to spoil things.
One of the Catholic churches
If you are fortunate enough to have a guide or driver to take you round the city, it is fascinating to look out of the... more travel advice
The 'Black Angel' is a statue in the middle of Lake Anosy. You will find yourself driving around this lake quite... more travel advice
bumpychick's Related Pages
Antananarivo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Antananarivo, my birthplace - Tana, my first home"
- "Tana was an unexpected delight!"
- "BET YOU CAN'T SAY IT 3 TIMES REALLY FAST !"
- "Three weeks in the highlands of Madagascar"
- "Antananarivo - 'Tana' to you."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Antananarivo
- Hotels in Antananarivo
- Transportation in Antananarivo
- Nightlife in Antananarivo
- Restaurants in Antananarivo
- Shopping in Antananarivo
- Warnings and Dangers in Antananarivo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Antananarivo
- 12 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Antananarivo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antananarivo
Top 10 Pages
- Tanzania Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margate Intro, 18 reviews, 15 photos
- Alaska Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Antananarivo Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Universal City Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Northern Territory Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- State of Sabah Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Hue Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Kuching Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
No friends yet.