Beijing Tourist Trap Tips by solopes
Beijing Tourist Traps: 262 reviews and 195 photos
Beijing - China
I was expecting to see a very carefully recreated environment, with small, planted and protected bamboo forests, where the pandas could live in a half free but controlled condition.
It was frustrating to see the pandas through a window cage. When we go around, the back of the cages show a small open space, but the sensation remains. I think it would be easier to do a lot better than that.
Beijing - China
Some people condemn the stalls by the monuments, and their oppression on the tourists. Some times they are right - it becomes uncomfortable - but not always.
In an isolated place where thousands of people merge each day, a basic structure of support is fundamental. If they don’t force you, (and they don’t), if they are just there, hopping that you will need something they sell, they are useful. And we felt it in Badaling.
So, I don’t agree with the general accusation of “tourist trap”.
More Reviews (59)
- See All The Power of Mountains
- See All "Poverty" in the Forbidden City
- See All A Church
- See All The Museum
solopes' Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 61 Reviews
- 126 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (161)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
Photos in BeijingSee All Photos (126)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 192 reviews, 459 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 296 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 90 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alcobaça Intro, 50 reviews, 135 photos
- Beijing Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Turquel Intro, 39 reviews, 141 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 58 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 45 reviews, 126 photos
- Funchal Intro, 48 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ljubljana Intro, 53 reviews, 101 photos
- Forbidden City - The Palace Museum- 475 Reviews, 998 Photos
- Great Wall of China - Mutianyu- 92 Reviews, 247 Photos
- Summer Palace- 310 Reviews, 617 Photos
- Temple of Heaven- 221 Reviews, 472 Photos
- Tiananmen Square- 160 Reviews, 316 Photos
- Beihai Park- 100 Reviews, 180 Photos
- Lama Temple - Yonghegong- 67 Reviews, 156 Photos
- Great Wall of China - Badaling- 112 Reviews, 246 Photos
- Wangfujing Street- 32 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Beijing Zoo- 32 Reviews, 85 Photos
See All Beijing Things to Do