"Saint Louis" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Louis by solopes

Saint Louis Travel Guide: 1,123 reviews and 1,960 photos

The centre of Saint Louis is very harmonious. I stayed ther for five days, but most of them... working. What a pity!

I arrived at Saint Louis at night, among a rather intense traffic, and my first impressions in the morning were: marvellous.
After a calm photo tour at sunrise the second impression was: where is everybody?
Downtown seemed a beautiful but almost dead town, nothing like the lively place I was expecting.
Travelling further west, things became different, correcting the wrong initial idea.

But I was installed in downtown, and coming back I returned to the sensation of cold emptiness.
Until… the Cardinals.
Suddenly lots of people dressing red shirts converged to Bush stadium, and the neighbourhoods became a red town. For three successive days, baseball gave life to town. I almost decided to join the crowds and enter the stadium, but knowing nothing about that strange game, and aware of jet-lag that could make me fall asleep, I decided not to risk.
So… what did I keep from town? Well, I can’t summarise it. Maybe my tips give you an idea.

• Last visit to Saint Louis: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 27, 2010

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Your cover comment about the people are not downtown is as true when I lived there until 1993. There are a lot of nice sties to tour, and you made good comments and pictures. We go there this tomorrow for one week.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2008 at 5:23 PM

Nice St Louis pages. We visited dead of winter!! Looks nicer in summer.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2007 at 5:08 AM

Nice page of St. Louis. Bring back memories. Hope you can drop by St. Louis page for comparison. Cheers, SL

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2007 at 4:54 PM

great page!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2006 at 4:29 AM

I enjoyed reading your thoughts about St. Louis. There really are some good restaurants there, sorry you missed them. Having to pay for the use of a ladder, is very unfriendly!

solopes

“If it is there... I want to visit”

Badges & Stats in Saint Louis

Have you been to Saint Louis?

Latest Activity in Saint Louis