"Benedita" Benedita by solopes
Benedita Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 29 photos
There is a very old rivalry between Benedita and Turquel. Until the decade of 1960, Benedita was a poor village, even smaller than Turquel. Then, with the support of a wise priest, Benedita started growing, becoming for several years, the fastest growing place in Europe.
Turquel stood behind, and rivalry gave place to some envy.
Times have changed, Benedita slowed down, Turquel got some development too, and now both places tend to live together, sharing space and opportunities.
But... rivalry makes part of cultural heritage!
So, if you don't mind, as a good citizen of Turquel, I'm pleased to show you in the top of this text the most beautiful picture of Benedita.
I was kidding!
Benedita has several wonderful things; a road to Turquel is the top of them. But you may go further, climb the mountain of Candeeiros, and from the top you will have nice views over Turquel, with Alcobaça, Nazaré and the sea in background.
PS - The fun will be confined to this intro. I promise that I will treat Benedita as seriously as every other place in all that I will write from now.
Benedita has several bars. As a hub of the regional education system, hundreds of students (and other) gather in... more travel advice
Located in IC2, a few kilometers south of town, and close to Venda das Raparigas, this is a very interesting restaurant... more travel advice
Written May 9, 2016
The First Competition
Written May 9, 2016
Dance - A marriage in Benedita
solopes' Related Pages
Benedita Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Benedita
- 5 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (162)
Have you been to Benedita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Benedita
Photos in BeneditaSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 192 reviews, 459 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 296 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 90 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alcobaça Intro, 50 reviews, 135 photos
- Beijing Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Turquel Intro, 39 reviews, 141 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 58 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 45 reviews, 126 photos
- Funchal Intro, 48 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ljubljana Intro, 53 reviews, 101 photos