"Lisboa" Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon by solopes
Lisbon Travel Guide: 5,238 reviews and 12,991 photos
Light and Lisbon, the perfect marriage. More than 300 days each year, no matter where you stand and where you look, Lisbon glows in white and bright colours, halfway from Paris and mediterranean brightness, but with its unique personality.
One million people flock each day to Lisbon, turning it in a nightmare of cars, full transports and restaurants, noise and confusion, common to all big cities.
When the weekend comes, everybody seeks somewhere else the tranquility and peace of spirit needed to compensate the stress of a hard week. The confusion is then mounted in Cascais, Estoril, Sintra, Ericeira, Sesimbra, Arrábida, i.e. in all the good places at a short distance. There are many weekend destinations for who lives or works in Lisbon. Those who don't mind much with fuel prices go even further - Algarve is a temptation, or the search of each one's origins in the centre or north of the small and accessible country that is Portugal.
Resting is changing; and if, for those living in a city, the countryside is a relief, for who lives in the countryside (like me, in Turquel, a weekend destination for many "Lisboetas"), changing is... a big city.
Lisbon on Sunday! Wow!
Easy traffic, parking everywhere, most of it free of charge, people moving slowly with time, at last, to see and live their city, lively gardens, museums... shows... sports... malls... All available at a healthy pace.
The pleasure of finding a new detail in a city that you thought you knew for more than 50 years!
The bright eyes of that kid, happy for having his parents back to his exclusive property.
The unique sensation of watching people in search of their human dimension in the brakes of the formal day by day.
Weekend in Lisbon! A must.
- Pros:It's Lisbon
- Cons:Someone don't appreciate it, and spoils it
If you risk to read my tips, maybe you found one of them that I called "you're lost", to write about this residential... more travel advice
Once upon a time, in the middle of last century, high society living in the new quarter called exactly "Avenidas Novas"... more travel advice
- See All Money museum
- See All Cruises
- See All Garcia de Horta garden
- See All Severa
- See All Jacaranda
solopes' Related Pages
Lisbon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Lisbon"
- "My home town"
- "Lisbon, Portugal"
- "Ahh, LISBON....Esta tao bonita como sempre."
- "saudades de Lisboa"
- "Lisboa the Capital of Portugal"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lisbon
- Hotels in Lisbon
- Transportation in Lisbon
- Nightlife in Lisbon
- Restaurants in Lisbon
- Shopping in Lisbon
- Warnings and Dangers in Lisbon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lisbon
- 188 Reviews
- 448 Photos
- 94 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Lisbon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lisbon
Photos in LisbonSee All Photos (448)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 188 reviews, 448 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 296 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 90 reviews, 201 photos
- Beijing Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alcobaça Intro, 48 reviews, 132 photos
- Turquel Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 58 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 45 reviews, 126 photos
- Funchal Intro, 48 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ljubljana Intro, 53 reviews, 101 photos