"Nazaré" Top 5 Page for this destination Nazaré by solopes
Nazaré Travel Guide: 154 reviews and 494 photos
Nazare is unique. That's why you should be prepared for your visit. Being a beach, it happens that the soul of the city is better felt out of season. Its magnetic attraction to everybody living not to far, makes it difficult to access and park in Sundays and holidays, so if you can, peek another day.
For a several day stay in summer, be prepared for a cold water, excellent and generally safe surf, and crowds everywhere.
For a short visit see my Alcobaca page - travelling around.
Either using the funicular, or driving uphill, you must go to the sitio. The sights are awesome, but there's much more to do, from visiting the church, the chapel or the lighthouse, to having a memorable seafood meal. Don't worry about the name of the restaurant. Just stop at the main square and watch locals and their movements, trying not to trust empty restaurants. If you fail, just ask for Luis...
For a night, a weekend or a long stay, Nazaré is a strong attraction. Its unique people, fierce of their traditions, its awesome sights, the freshness of fish, the variety of possible programs in or out the water, call people from inland all year round. In the sunny winter days, cars line all the seashore, with couples hypnotized by the strong bright surf. In spring and autumn, the emptiness of the beach is an opportunity for surfers and anglers. In summer the waves of people oversize the waves of the sea. And all year round Quartos-Chambres-Rooms-Zimmer are the offer of ladies sitting by the roads and streets. Going to Nazaré in free days is as natural as... life!
Until recently we, the lovers of Nazaré, were fearing its future, with the stripe of sand narrowing year after year,... more travel advice
With grilled sardines in mind, I went to Nazaré yesterday, knowing, for sure, that it would be easy to park facing... more travel advice
- See All Folklore
- See All Picnic area n. 3
- See All Beach sports
- See All Luis Nesi Museum
solopes' Related Pages
Nazaré Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nazare - A quaint and booming seaside resort"
- "Nazaré - the typical fishing village"
- "VT BUS TOUR TO NAZARE'"
- "Quaint and wonderful"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nazaré
- Hotels in Nazaré
- Transportation in Nazaré
- Restaurants in Nazaré
- Shopping in Nazaré
- Warnings and Dangers in Nazaré
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nazaré
- 49 Reviews
- 105 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (161)
Have you been to Nazaré?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nazaré
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 192 reviews, 459 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 296 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 90 reviews, 201 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alcobaça Intro, 50 reviews, 135 photos
- Beijing Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Turquel Intro, 39 reviews, 141 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 58 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 45 reviews, 126 photos
- Funchal Intro, 48 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ljubljana Intro, 53 reviews, 101 photos