"A Historical Reference" Top 5 Page for this destination Sagres by solopes
Sagres Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 382 photos
This most southwestern cape is remembered as the place where D. Henrique dreamed with the discoveries of the unknown world, and from where he controlled the movement of the boats. Hardly discussed the buildings and general treatment of the space to touristic purposes (I'm among those who don't like it) it is a mandatory visit between swims.
Entering the fortress leads you to... a small disappointment - after a long walk, a very large space full of history,... more travel advice
This modest church located inside the fortress was built in the 16Th century, replacing the original built by Henry the... more travel advice
solopes' Related Pages
Sagres Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cabo de St vicente and Sagres Fortress"
- "Sagres, Birthplace of Portugal's Age of Discovery!"
- "Sagres and St Vincent the point where Europe ends."
- "A place at the End of the World"
- "A Historical Reference"
- "Sagres: Way Out There on the SW Tip of Europe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sagres
- Hotels in Sagres
- Transportation in Sagres
- Restaurants in Sagres
- Shopping in Sagres
- Warnings and Dangers in Sagres
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sagres
- 9 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Sagres?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sagres
Photos in SagresSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 189 reviews, 449 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 296 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 90 reviews, 201 photos
- Beijing Intro, 61 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alcobaça Intro, 48 reviews, 132 photos
- Turquel Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 58 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 45 reviews, 126 photos
- Funchal Intro, 48 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ljubljana Intro, 53 reviews, 101 photos