"Freshness near Lisbon" Top 5 Page for this destination Sintra by solopes

Sintra Travel Guide: 537 reviews and 2,149 photos

Immortalized by Byron as the romantic Portugal, Sintra is an island of green freshness close to Lisbon. castle, palaces, beaches, and the rural tradition of feeding Lisboa make this place a varied and mandatory visit, even without leaving Lisboa.

• Last visit to Sintra: Mar 2008
  • Intro Updated May 2, 2008

• adema29's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Nice tips about Sintra here.
    Thank you for helping us (without knowing it) to plan our trip at the beginning of April.
    Is it enough one day to see at least the most important spots in Sintra... with a 7-8 yrs old boy?

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2012 at 8:10 AM

It is a long time since I left my first comment on your Sintra page. I have recently heard that Hotel Netto is still there but in an even worse condition now and that many other lovely buildings are slipping into ruin.How very sad!I hope you are well - and the family too.

Lovely pictures of a beautiful place. I wonder if the poor old Hotel Nettto is still standing? Were I a rich woman I would have restored it for its history and charm....(Nov 2008)

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I have to go to Azenhas do Mar next time I'm going to Lisbon. Ciao!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2009 at 4:19 AM

Love the term "Green Sintra" to describe this beautiful city. Enjoyed hearing your insights about the Multiple styles of the one palace. Found "Initiation well" fascinating. Brilliant photographs.

• filipdebont's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2008 at 8:13 AM

Great, I enjoyed visiting Sintra, beginning of October

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2008 at 4:05 AM

Nice page! Sintra is really a beautiful place!

solopes

“If it is there... I want to visit”

Badges & Stats in Sintra