"Sortelha" Sortelha by solopes
Sortelha Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 53 photos
A very well preserved (too well for my taste) historic village, surely deserves to be visited. But, differently from, for instance Obidos, a well preserved but lively town, Sortelha resembles a dead town. Here and there we see someone using tourism to make business, but all the place seems a standing stone exhibition, that I felt cool and almost counterfeit. It isn't, really, but it misses life, in my opinion.
Opened to tourism, the few people that seems to keep on living in place is aged people, with the sympathy and simplicity... more travel advice
solopes' Related Pages
Sortelha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The historical Village of Sortelha"
- "A village made of stones."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sortelha
- Hotels in Sortelha
- Transportation in Sortelha
- Nightlife in Sortelha
- Restaurants in Sortelha
- Shopping in Sortelha
- Warnings and Dangers in Sortelha
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sortelha
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Sortelha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sortelha
Photos in SortelhaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lisbon Intro, 183 reviews, 437 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 118 reviews, 291 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 88 reviews, 195 photos
- Beijing Intro, 61 reviews, 122 photos
- Dubai Intro, 58 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 45 reviews, 126 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alcobaça Intro, 46 reviews, 123 photos
- Turquel Intro, 35 reviews, 128 photos, 4 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 48 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ljubljana Intro, 53 reviews, 101 photos