"Tomar" Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar by solopes

Tomar Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 349 photos

Tomar is more than the nice convent with its famous window. Out of the easy circuit that allows "one day trips" from Lisbon, it needs a full day to be seen, but it deserves the day.

Would you believe if I told you that I went more than 50 times to Tomar and only twice to the Convento de Cristo?
Would you believe that searching my photos, till now I could only find those taken about 30 years ago? (Well, I found the photos of my brother in law's marriage, and the marriage of his sister in law, but they are all people, and only people.
VT made me think about the indifference we sometimes dedicate to the marvels that surround us, made banal by their proximity. Next time I'll make a proper photo of the convent, and the manueline window, and the Charola and everything I will tell you about, unless... unless you decide to come and see for yourself.
It's done. I made the promised photos, but in such a hurry, that... I will come back there. And... preparing some surprises in a couple of months.
I went there again and got some more pictures. And I'll keep on going

• Last visit to Tomar: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 27, 2010

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2010 at 11:44 AM

I hope to see the Charola in my next visit Good tips and photos Gracias !!!!

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2007 at 1:04 PM

I've just started discovering Potugal for myself (only virtually for the time being) and must admit that I love your pages!

solopes

“If it is there... I want to visit”

Badges & Stats in Tomar